Agency work

9 years 1 month ago #6585 by diz35
Anyone know of the demand for agency work in Warwickshire region thinking of leaving a regular paid secure job in general practice to locum? Concerned about the demand - will I get enough work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #6512 by JCunningham
Agency in Manchester constantly looking for Locum Nurses that pay £10 an hour on weekdays and £13 maybe more on weekends

0161 661 8000

9 years 7 months ago #6363 by towers35
Can you not sign up to several agencies to ensure you get more hours?

9 years 7 months ago #6361 by ewelinaf2
Hi girls (and boys)!
After 15 months of working in the mixed practice I decided to to work for the agency. I want to ask you for opinions and experience. Should I be selfemployed? Which agencies (North London) do you recommend?

9 years 9 months ago #6312 by Vee Cam
Sorry to here that but that is the down side to temping, u could get a p/t job to top up your earning. Everything is hard in life you just got to work around things :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigVlittleb

9 years 9 months ago #6311 by BigVlittleb
Hi thanks for all your replies

I started locum work about a month and a half ago and i have to say sadly it was a bad experience and i regret taking that direction. Bills are piling up because not enough income is coming in. I am aware that its not everyday i will be called out but didnt think it would be THIS BAD! This is probably one of the dumbest things i ever done. Oh well at the moment staying positive because i know God will work things out for me

:( :(

שלום

9 years 9 months ago #6310 by BigVlittleb
Hi thanks for all your replies

I started locum work about a month and a half ago and i have to say sadly it was a bad experience and i regret taking that direction. Bills are piling up because not enough income is coming in. I am aware that its not everyday i will be called out but didnt think it would be THIS BAD! This is probably one of the dumbest things i ever done. Oh well at the moment staying positive because i know God will work things out for me

:( :(

שלום

9 years 9 months ago #6308 by Vee Cam
Well agency work has its advantages and disadvantages for instance sometimes work can be busy, other times work can be slow, you have variety of work practice/NHS/Private hospital or community. it depends on the agency you work for.
some pay holiday and some you don't get holidays, some provide cpd's and some don't.
At the end of the day you gain experience as you work with so many different clinicians also its flexible so if you have other responsibilities you can work around them.
If you get treated badly you don't have to go back to that particular place you can refuse, always let you agent know if your not happy with a company so you don't keep going back there.
My advice don't let people walk over you
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigVlittleb

9 years 9 months ago #6293 by preet
Hi

I have worked as a locum and it is nice as you don't get stuck in one place but are taking a chance to where you go on the day.

A friend of mine has started an agency. They are small but are always looking for new staff. Contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

9 years 11 months ago #6223 by zaralina
Hi

Good idea, but make sure you find the right agency for you - there are a few out there and I have worked with two which were complete opposites. The first one had the attitude that you work for them and you go where they tell you, when they tell you (even if it was two hours away). The one I work for now allow you to look online at available shifts, and they email relevant ones to you, for you to accept or not. I don't know if I can name them on here or not ?!
Anyway the money is usually ok, I think between £10.50 - 12.50 per hour.

10 years 5 days ago #6157 by BigVlittleb
Im thinking of doing locum agency work because i love the thought of working in different practices and taking small breaks in between to do more post qual courses prior to university. Plus i know of ex-colleagues who left to do agency work from full time employment (and are now currently working in a practice they locumed in) and it seems to go well.

Has anyone done agency work and what are your experiences? Do they pay well?

שלום

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New