washer disinfector white residue

9 years 8 months ago #6339 by teetiefunk
Also there is no washer disinfector that handpiece manufacturers will recommend and cleaning them this way will invalidate their warranty we have been advised not to put them in the washer disinfector as there has been major problems with handpieces breaking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 weeks ago #6140 by Ekw
Hi there

I have recently had 20 high speeds that broken down when engineer phoned me to let me know why it varied but several of them had residue inside them and according to him he thought it could be due to the washer disinfectant being too alkaline apparently the PH shouldn't be more than 10, now I don't sterilise anymore as I'm in hospital so I could only pass this on. I don't know if it'd be the same as your situation but could be something to look into to narrow things down?

10 years 2 weeks ago #6139 by Flora
We had a problem where there was white residue left in the washer disinfector itself. Turned out the AWT was having problems getting in to the machine. So check the AWT bottle isn't empty (sorry better check!!) and that the tube is in the right place. If you cannot see a problem, you may have to check the settings are correct on the machine, an engineer might be the best bet! Hope this helps!

10 years 2 weeks ago #6137 by bridget0868
Hi hope someone can help me. We have a lovely decon assistant who uses the washer disinfector after manual cleaning and ultrasonic bath. she then dries all instruments pouches then puts through the vac autoclave. instruments are coming out with white spots on and this is getting her in trouble, i think it may be due to the water hardness leaving a calciferous deposit but it is a recent thing and previously to this all has been fine for a year. can anybody give me ideas as to what the problem could be? i would be very grateful to hear your ideas and if you have come across any similar problems, many thanks in advance.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New