OHE - just a tick box?

9 years 7 months ago #6377 by HRussell
It's very frustrating when you have skills and knowledge that you can use and for whatever reason it's not allowed.

I was very lucky in having my employers full backing and when I was qualified they allowed a clinic to be set up and run by the nurses. It worked really well.

Maybe look to see if there are any nurse/OHE positions if that is what you really want to go with. If you don't want to leave the practice you are currently in the only thing is to somehow talk to your boss.Have you got an appraisal soon or a practice meeting that would allow you to raise the subject. Is there a senior nurse or PM that could help?

Hope you manage to get something sorted :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #6376 by nicolageorgiamolly
Hi,

Children's centers are also a good place x

10 years 4 weeks ago #6114 by MrsW
Hi Allison,

That's such a shame, and very frustrating! I have OHE and Radiography and I'm not used to my full potential either, not at all in fact!
Perhaps you could write to other dental practices in your area to see if they would like anyone to come in and do OHE?

10 years 2 months ago #5985 by jkid
Hi

I know of a nurse that has a contract (not sure who with) where she goes round to schools to give children OH advice, That could be something that you could do?

Hope that helps :)

10 years 2 months ago #5982 by Allison
Hi anyone,

I passed my OHE last October.

The thing is, although the practice I work at said congrats to me they've not acknowledged that I am an OHE now. Originally they said if I passed I would be seeing patients to give them OHI and that I would be re-numerated. But it's as if I never did the course, and my boss is really unapproachable. I feel like I've just ticked a requirement box for them.
The thing is, my indemnity insurance has gone up because of it and I'm not sure if it affects the registration fee, but I'm out of pocket for improving myself.

Does anyone have any ideas how I could use my qualification freelance? I haven't got a clue what I can do with it. I want to do the fluoride application course to implement it with the OHE (also in the original plan) but I'm beginning to loose heart in doing anything. The other nurses at our place don't want to anything more than the CPD they have to now because of this.

Any ideas? :(

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New