Water lines

10 years 1 month ago #6113 by MrsW
I really wish we could persuade our practice to use Alpron! We use RO water and at least once a week we have to flush our lines with some Dental Line cleaner. Its a powder that we put into the bottle with the RO water which you flush through for 1 minute (on each line) then leave it for 5 mins, then flush out with RO water, then clear the lines and store the bottle upside down over night....such a faff! :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #6060 by Frankie12
Thank you for that :-)

10 years 1 month ago #6059 by karyndee
Hi

Yes thats correct Alpron does the hard work you just have to make it correctly etc and away you go :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frankie12

10 years 1 month ago #6058 by Frankie12
Hi

Can anybody help I have just started at a new practice and they use Alpron in their water and feel that covers them for everything, they do not need to dry and sterilise waster bottles etc or flush lines is this correct?

Rachel

10 years 2 months ago #6045 by kittykat
We use Alpron. You have to use a treatment to remove the biofilm build up already present in the unit and them you continuously use the Alpron solution to ensure the biofilm doesn't reform. There is no removing the bottle over night or purging the system of water.
Every 3 months a simple dip slide test is carried out to ensure that a biofilm hasn't built up due to contamination (through using regular water or Alpron solution that was over 4 weeks old) for example.

It's very easy to use and give you one less thing to do at the end of the day.

10 years 2 months ago #6021 by Tonkin
Hi Adam,

At our practice we also have bottles and use deskilled water, If I am not wrong the water is clean enough the problem is the bottle. After a while the accumulate a kind of biofilm/Protein which you need to clean.

We use a solution from Dentisan called Bioclear. We have to put in the bottle once a week and discharge through the 3 in 1 and all the other connections.

10 years 2 months ago #5983 by karyndee
hi
the practice I work in uses a system that we don't have to empty the bottles each night , we make a solution with ro water and a additive that cleans through the lines and bottle effectively

:)

10 years 2 months ago #5980 by Allison
Hi Adam,

At our practice we have 4 surgeries that just used distilled water because the bottle is emptied every night and left upside down on a paper towel until the next morning.
However, our 5th surgery has a different type of bottle. The bottle holds more distilled water and once filled a small tablet is put in it to dissolve. The bottle is attached to the unit and is not removed daily. It is only removed when the bottle is empty, hence it is then re-filled and a tablet put in it again.
I think the tablet is to stop bacterial growth, I'm not 100% sure because I don't work in this particular surgery.

I hope this helps you a bit :)

10 years 2 months ago #5979 by adam.manhertz
Hey people :)

I was just wondering how people make sure there water in their bottles are clean for patient? We have only ever distilled them using an appropriate distiller however someone has recently mentioned that we have to use a type of tablet as well.

Can you lovely people help

Much Love

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New