Senior Nurses working in Community.

10 years 8 months ago #5704 by Ekw
Hi there

Hope the interview goes well!!
I think every community may be slightly different depending on the area it covers, when I worked in community we had 3 seniors they all had different roles, but none of them were very clinical mostly admin based and had 1 or 2 clinical sessions a week. Alot of rotas were made due to every dentist and nurse having certain remits of musing homes and schools to attend every week. My week was really split clinic all day Monday, Tuesday all day Dom visits, Wednesday a homeless clinic, Thursday a GA session and friday Half Dom and half clinic so lots to do. The seniors were incharge of multiple nurses and trainees and need to know where all your staff are totally different to practice. Hope you get the job I loved community.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #5699 by Maisyandmoo
Hi everyone,

I wondered if there were any nurses here who work for Community? I'd be really interested if you could share your experiences and day to day role and routine.

I'd particularly like to hear from any senior nurses working in community as to what is expected of you, your job role and opportunities you have at work.

I've been offered an interview as senior nurse in our local Community centre so would like as much information as possible.

Many thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New