OHE

13 years 9 months ago #738 by haighs
Hehehe bless you, well I have finally recieved my pack so thats good and im already enjoying the course so thats a good sign. The book you said about actually comes with course so thats a bonus.

Thanks for your help :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #734 by Vms118
No self respecting *Geek* would mispell that word.

:P

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 9 months ago #730 by haighs
Very good you should be proud of yourself, Iam quite a hard worker so fingers crossed you never know :)

13 years 9 months ago #729 by pamg
You have to high marks in all components of the exam, written, viva and your portfolio.
I did revise for about half and hour every night from July onwards - bit of a geak. But I failed this exam 10yrs ago and was determined not to fail second time round.
Having the Ann Felton book really helped me, its easy to read.

13 years 9 months ago #727 by haighs
My pack still hasnt arrived i rang last week and they said they were having problems with the textbooks and i should receive it early this week, but no luck yet if i have nothing by tomorrow they will be getting a call again.

Thnks for the advice on the book I have brought a couple but will have to invest in that one then, if you have any more tips ill gladly except them :) Congrats on getting a merit how is that acheived then x

13 years 9 months ago #726 by pamg
Hi I managed to pass my OHE exam with a merit last year and my advice to you would be to purchase Ann Felton's book on Oral Health Education, I found it a great help with sections at the end of each topic to test yourself.

Good Luck :)

13 years 9 months ago #695 by sarah1988
Hi Haighs,
hope u have managed to get you pack sorted??
hoping to egt the e mail today so i can get into the online part and have a nosey round...4 modules a week!! gunna keep me busy!!

13 years 9 months ago #694 by emmalou77
hi emma
i sat the OHE exam in march after deferring from last september. the exam was fine and don't pannick about the viva either, i'm sure you'll do great!! your allowed to take notes into the viva so you dont have to memorise your 5 min presentation!
good luck xxx

13 years 9 months ago #693 by haighs
Im still waiting for my pack to arrive im getting wrried now as the course starts monday just rang them, but theres noone in the office to help so will have to ring tomorrow hopefully will receive it soon fingers crossed

13 years 9 months ago #692 by sarah1988
i received my OHE pack yesterday, it all looks really interesting and cant wait to start it, think its going to be alot of work as they want you to do 4 modules a week!

13 years 9 months ago #575 by KLKennedy
Hi. I sat the OHE exam last September. It's not as bad as you might think. The worst part for me was the thought of having to talk for 5 mins on the chosen case study. It is worthwhile if you get the chance to use your qualification. My boss was all for it but I can't get session time, plus the fact the dentists are under the impression all I can discuss with patients is toothbrushing!! Tried to tell them more to it than that, so sick of it, I'm now designing my own referral forms as a major hint!!! Good luck!

Kirsty

13 years 9 months ago #573 by haighs
Im starting my OHE BDA online course in August cant wait will hopefully be ok fingers crossed, I done the BDA online Radiography course last year and it was fine the only thing I would say is that the Exam is negatively marked so go careful with marking your answers.

13 years 9 months ago #572 by sarah1988
have you started the course already?
i have wated to do it since i qualified and finally decided to get a credit card to be able to pay for it!! has anyone done the radiograpy course? i need to do 1 more Post qual so i can get into uni but not sure what to choose for my second!

13 years 10 months ago #571 by kta1986
Hi! i am doing the bda course aswell, i am SO nervous about seeing pts i just don't know where to start!!! can anyone give any guidance or encouragement lol aaah! x

13 years 10 months ago #570 by emmamortimer
Hi. I did the BDA one too, they are very good and Liz Clark is an excellent help. You can email her any time and she is always pleased to help, i couldn't have finished my record experience without her !!
I would say give yourself about 5 hours each week to watch the modules and read the text book. Don't leave it too late to complete your record experience like i did lol....i really stressed myself out! Also make sure your getting all the categories of patients that you need to finish it. If you need any help or advice just message me.
Good luck :-)

13 years 10 months ago #569 by emmamortimer
Thanks very much. Thats a shame that your boss didn't refer any patients to you, did he/she pay for the course ? I had to keep asking for adult patients as the dentist was only referring children !

13 years 10 months ago #567 by sarah1988
Hiya,
good luck with your exam,
i start the OHE course next month, doing the one of the BDA website, didnt really tell me much about the course any tips?

13 years 10 months ago #566 by gb1623
Hi good luck with the exam I was suppose to be sitting it too but my boss didnt seem to understand that I need to see patients and refused to send me any so havent been able to do my record of experiance, I really hope it all goes well

13 years 10 months ago #564 by emmamortimer
I'm sitting the OHE exam in september, has anyone here done it ? I'm very nervous about it ! I've completed the record of experience that was hard enough lol !!
Be great if i could have some feedback about the exam

Thanks

Emma :)

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New