When Do I Register?

14 years 3 weeks ago #67 by Vms118
That sucks a little, I could have saved myself a whole years fee if they had given me that option. Bummer. :(

Victorus Aut Mortis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #66 by Janus
I was looking at the FAQs on the NEBDN site and it seems that you can count holiday days too when working out your 2 years of experience.(They use a figure of 35 hours as a working week)

14 years 3 weeks ago #65 by Janus
I would think call the National Exam Board, just to make sure that you're doing the right thing (or you can email them at the address below)...

www.nebdn.org/Contact-Us.html

Your better off knowing you're doing the right thing than breaking the law.

And the GDC would probably be able to help you too, I've rung them a few times with queries myself.Their contact details are here...

www.gdc-uk.org/Contact+us/

14 years 3 weeks ago #63 by welshy
Hey thanks, I didn't know they changed the rules! I sat the exam in November, last year, and was told I need 2 years experience too, I've got the forms and everything. But I've had no follow up information from my tutors since I sat the exam, and don't really know what to do next.

14 years 3 weeks ago #61 by Janus
A member of staff in my practice passed her exam in May 2009, but wasn't able to register until she had 2 years of chairside experience under her belt, which we calculated was in October 2009, so she sent all the forms off to the GDC in order to register with them. Unfortunately they returned them all telling her she couldn't register yet and that it had to be when the next registration begins which is end of July/ beginning of August 2010.

There are another two colleagues who are both starting towards the NEBDN exam in May, and the dental nurse tutor told me that the rules towards registration will be changing and that once the girls have passed their exams they will be qualified without having to have the 2 years chairside experience which seems like a more intelligent idea to me, and so then they don't have to wait so long before registering with the GDC.

Did you pass your exam since they changed the rules, ro do you have to have 2 years chair side experience under your belt before you register?

14 years 3 weeks ago #58 by Vms118
No problem ;) and make sure your dad pays for it, tell him it is industry standard :laugh:

Victorus Aut Mortis.

14 years 3 weeks ago #57 by welshy
so i register when i qualify...thanks :)

14 years 3 weeks ago #56 by Vms118
Apparently I can't spell anymore either... :huh:

Victorus Aut Mortis.

14 years 3 weeks ago #54 by Vms118
If you are not registered form the day you qualify you will be practising illegally :)

Victorus Aut Mortis.

14 years 3 weeks ago #52 by welshy
I have been working just over a year and passed the exam in November...when am I supposed to register? is it when i qualify next year? :silly:

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New