need advice please nurses!!!!

11 years 1 month ago #4461 by lylmoo
call ACAS, they can advise you on your rights and are completely non biased.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #4419 by HRussell
It's still wrong what they have done to you and are continuing to do.

If this was me I would find somewhere else to work. I wouldn't put up with the nonsense that's coming out of their mouths.
You have a lot of experience and should be in the right role.

Good luck with the interview and I hope you get it :)

11 years 2 months ago #4407 by Tallulah
i have spoken to my manager and she says alot had changed as we had just completed an extension on the practice and wanted to ease me into gentley (i have been a nurse for 9 years, qualified 7) so nothing new to me and i am the most qualified and i was put in with the hyg for weeks whcih is fine but when you havent done dentistry for ages u wanna do some lol so i said i wanted more time with the dentist id worked with before i went on mat leave but i avnt got it, i asked for more roles with htm not appropriate cause i am part time, so asked for ordering back but same as before, so basically i am a fill in girl to the jobs that no1 else wants now painfully heart breaking when ive been there the longest, have the most experiance and was in a high posisition.
during our chat shes stuck for me and got me on the sedation course and says ive got to try and lead and make my boss notice i am still senior nurse even if thats not what he wants to call me but how can i do that when the other nurses have all the responibilities that goes hand in hand with the job role?!
Confused about it all now but as my other half says, just get to work do whats asked, get paid and come home and enjoy our little girl which i can not argue with :) I actually have a job interview just for a nurse but we shall see
thanks for your replies i just wanted to see if i was being stupid or if i was with in my rights to be upset and angry so thank u again

11 years 2 months ago #4359 by HRussell
Have you talked to you boss? This is so wrong

You have the right to return to the job you did before you went on maternity leave and if there was to be any changes they should have discussed this with you first. They can not just demote you.

I remember when I was on maternity leave it was a case of if there was any changes to what was originally agreed by myself and my employer it had to be in writing and done about a month before my return date , this was so both sides could look at what was being proposed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tallulah

11 years 2 months ago #4353 by Nikki07
Ah I'm sorry to hear what your going through at the moment, did your boss explain why you couldn't do your role part time?? I am sure they can't just demote you without giving you the reason as to why?? And give you a chance to put your point as to why you feel you could still do the job. Have you asked for a meeting with your manager?? A girl who I work with went on mat leave and on returning was informed things had changed, she stood her ground and was re instated to her role before mat leave. Not sure if this helps?? X

Reg/Qualified Dental Nurse
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tallulah

11 years 2 months ago #4347 by Tallulah
I have been at my current practice for 6 years, I have worked my way up Clinical supervisor gaining radiography on along the way, I have worked my butt off to get where i was and when i found i out was pregnant was worried id loose my posistion i was reassured i wouldnt and gave my responibilities up to some1 else who was then made into senior nurse, she then found out she waas pregnant and went onn mat leave while i was also on mat leave, therefore obviously giving up her responsilibilties to another girl, and my understanding was that when i returned and the senior nurse returned we would job share the load, so when i returned in jan was shocked that i was now demoted to receptionist/nurse and while i was away on mat elave certain girls had done certain courses i had been begging my boss to do for YEARS! so wasnt best happy, i know that being part time it isnt the best hours to be some1 in a superviosr posisiton which is why i was happy to job share the load with some1 else but seems i am to be stripped of my posisiton but if i would of been able to afford to go back full time then i wouldnt of done?
to be honest i just need a big rant about it bcause i feel i am boring the other girls at work with my issues :unsure: and just wondered if anyone had any advice on how to deal with my situation I just dont want to be looking for another job because i have been demoted as i love it where i am but i am struggling to the motivation to work my way back up the ladder when i have done it all before, surely having a baby doesnt make you less capable of doing your job?!!
RANT OVER! sorry

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New