Assessments within work place

11 years 3 months ago #3371 by MLA
Hello,

It is important that YOU also ask if you are unsure about things. If you don't, everyone will think that you are doing the right thing and that you know it.
If you knew that she was assessing you, would that have mattered? I would have thought we are all doing our best all the time?
It doesn't mean we never do wrong, but we should try all the time to do things correctly.

If it was just small matters of routine or so that you did do correct but not as "they" do it, it won't be a big thing, will it?

Just talk to them and tell if you are unsure about things, if you are.Also, don't forget about asking for help ...I'm sure they will help!
:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #3290 by Hay
Hello. As far as I am aware all assestments are carried out without the nurse's knowlledge or concent, it is part of our GDC registration that we have random checks on our performance.
You should be performing to the best of your abality at all times so if they have found dismissable flaws you cant really blame them for not telling you, you are being assesed. It isnt their job to watch over you all the time to make sure you are doing everything correctly, they hired you on the bassis you were capable on your own.
On the other hand if you are a trainnee and have not been significatly trained by the practice it is down to them to ensure you have the correct knowlledge to carry out tasks properly.
What isit you failed on, on the assesment?
If you feel like it was things that you have not yet been trained to do like writing up decom records or somthing similar, you could say you should have been told, how else are you going to know?
If it was somthing clincial like cross infection im afraid you dont have much to stand on as that is all taught within the first weeks off thr DCP course

11 years 3 months ago #3265 by MummyDentalNurse
Hi i have just started a new job and my "nurse mentor" sat in the corner of my surgery for the whole day, i asked her what she was doing and she said " im doing stuff for the owner"

i then find out a week later she was assessing me and that i have probably lost my job already! - surely i should have been told i was being assessed? and she should have some kind of qualification to assess me?

im really stumped on what to do, i have sent a lengthy email to my boss saying im unhappy with how i have been treated, i basically got a few days training and was then left to it with no one checking my work etc, after 2 months i was assessed and they found i was really at fault in alot of things and i got a really bad telling off from 2 members of staff.surely this is their fault as they where not checking me they gave me a few days training and left me to it! their reply was you should have known your qualified and if you didnt you should have asked. how can i ask about something i feel im doing right?

has anyone else been in this situation and do you think my boss will read the email and be like " what a trouble maker im not keeping you on after your 3 months" or will she appreciate my openess about whats happened and how i feel? please help me :(

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New