Dental union

11 years 2 months ago #4318 by MLA
Hello,
just to clarify, BADN is NOT a Union.
The indemnity might also be with the dentist, which you have to check if it is...
Just think about what you want, is it CPDs, is it help and advice or what is it?

As long as you know what you want/need ...but don't think it is something it isn't (here I am not talking about just BADN as BADN can be just what some wants).

MLA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #4280 by dawnybee
hi, yes, i'm with the BADN. i pay a fee in May and November, i get journals which have both none and verifiable CPD in. The indemnity insurance is also in with this membership and it looks good to be part of a professional body on your CV. I also claim the membership on my tax back.

11 years 2 months ago #4213 by starlight17.02
anyone with BADN??

P Hylton

11 years 4 months ago #3106 by DNN
Hi DN's,

Here is another link for a union £7 per month or £5 if you a member of DNN,

www.bluechipassociation.co.uk/BCSA_Emplo...Home_OurService.html

Best wishes,

Mars

11 years 4 months ago #3096 by Ekw
Hi there

Some of our dental nurses are with UNISON from what they've said their happy with them. I'm not in a union but for no reason other than I've never really thought about it possibly like yourself. It's a monthly payment under a rennet I think but someone on here may know the exact figure for you I don't think it's too much though. Hope you get the info your needing.

11 years 4 months ago #3092 by HRussell
I'm no longer part of a union but when I was it was with Usdaw. They aren't a specific union for dental nurses but they covered a variety of occupations.

It was recommended to us by one of the Consultants we worked with. We paid a flat fee each month(can't remember how much).

I found them to be very good as you could just ring them up and ask their advice about all sorts of things. If you felt you needed them to attend any meetings due to problems in the work place they were more than happy to come along to support you also.

Hope this is of some help :)

11 years 4 months ago #3083 by sam_stoddart
i was just wondering as all the big companies like tesco have a unioin, do dental nurses? like if we had a huge problem with out employers and wanted to take them to a unioin, what would we do?
(i dont want to do this but i had some problems with my previous employers and i just left it wasnt worth the hassle - my husband said take them to your unioin, i wasnt even aware that there was one for dental nurses?)
can someone explain how it all works? ive been working fulltime for 7 years and know nothing about how unioins work etc
thanks in advance. x

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New