Episode 7: SSB - Secret Surgery Behaviour!

12 years 9 months ago #1551 by Vms118
OK that is weird...

Victorus Aut Mortis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #1333 by LonelyAngel
I've been working as a nurse for nearly 18 years and SSB is not a new thing! Cranking up the music is very common and as long as it doesn't interfere with you cross infection control regime then it is harmless. I would, however, suggest politely that any further SSB stays secret. Just so you avoid any backlash ;)

13 years 1 month ago #1322 by sarah1988
ha ha its grose but it works on manky teeth why not a manky bellybutton!!!
cant wain for the next ssb!!

13 years 1 month ago #1313 by Nerd
That's why most of us are under fake names here I hope... So we can tell the true and our frustrations about work and besides a bit of singing ain't bad.... Hehe. But the belly button stuff maybe have to look Into infection control issues, as long as u use gloves and dispose things correctly although not right would not be much of a issue in my opnion....

13 years 2 months ago #1300 by Max
My personal view on this is you should keep your SSB to yourself, otherwise may land you in bother a bit like folk posting things on facebook then finding they have got the sack

13 years 2 months ago #1297 by Nerd
I love doing a bit of singing so when the Dentist go away a katherine jenkins get out of me!!! hehe, funny stuff. :lol:

13 years 6 months ago #919 by rhianp
i too have SSB but mine involves more of the prancing and dancing kind than the belly button kind :)

SSB-love it!

13 years 11 months ago #390 by lady-laura
how is cleaning out your own belly button suitable in the dental surgery

13 years 11 months ago #389 by lady-laura
exactly. cant ever say there's nothing to do

13 years 11 months ago #367 by Miss_Floss
Haha no you spill! I think I already disclose enough on a weekly basis!

13 years 11 months ago #362 by duchesspink
i used to indulge in secret surgery behaviour too! I want to read more of yours though first! lol

13 years 11 months ago #304 by mm21
I LIKE SSB!!

14 years 3 days ago #204 by bhirchfeld
have you got not anything better to do then that,what about cleaning you surgery

14 years 3 days ago #202 by welshy
yeah, sounds like it to me, ergh.

14 years 6 days ago #196 by Miss_Floss
Who can remember that episode of Sex and the City where Carrie talks about SSB...Secret Single Behaviour...which is when you are single, live on your own, and therefore can do any kind of wierd shit around the house that you feel like without anyone around to judge you.

I work with the newest dentist in the practice at the mo...his books aren't as full as the others so we have quite a few gaps and he often is able to go lunch early or finish early at the end of the day. I consequently am alone in my surgery quite often and am able to indulge in a lot of Secret Surgery Behaviour...

This quite often involves dancing. As soon as the door has slammed on the dentist's way out I draw the blinds, run to the computer, switch off Radio 2 - Steve Wright is usually on at this point whom I cannot abide! Chris Evans - yes, a bit of Ken Bruce and Jeremy Vine - ok, but Wrighty really is too much...if I have to hear one more 'Factoid' I really dont know what I'm gonna do...but I'm pretty sure it involves violence. What is it with dentists and Radio 2? Anyway I digress...

...on goes Radio 1/Kiss or a bit of MySpace music like today...usually search Calvin Harris, esp if its a friday and get my groove on. You really cannot beat prancing around to 'Ready for the Weekend' whilst wiping down the work surfaces and draining the ol' autoclave.

That's pretty normal I guess...but there is something about being bored in my surg that makes me do wierd random stuff which I'm not gonna go into too much in this episode because I don't know if I am ready to reveal it to the world! One thing I was doing today tho...I had to stop and think to myself...if someone walked in on you right now they would think what the hell...

I have recently had by belly button pierced...unfortunately, even though I obsessively clean it, it is still in the 'juicy' phase and is now graduating towards 'crusty'. I had a sneak peek in my surg and thought what can I give it a quick cleanse with? Tried an alcohol wipe but that wasn't really getting into the piercing...I looked around...Hmmm what can I use? What can I use?

Next thing I've hitched up my tunic, keeping it up by tucking it under my chin, holding a tissue at the base of my belly button with one hand, in the other I am wielding an irrigation syringe full of Corsodyl, squirting it into my piercing...

Afterwards, with my clean and minty fresh belly button, I couldn't help but wonder, is this SSB gone too far?! :P :P

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New