A degree for dental nurses

12 years 8 months ago #1696 by Assessor
Yes I meant this UCLAN they are running the course. MMMMMMM wonder how many nurses will take them up on this?????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #1690 by Vms118
Ha! As if, seems like soon the only way you'll be able to get any funding for courses of any type will be being on incapacity benefit. It's so frustrating having to pay full rate when people on benefits get it for free.

Did you mean this UCLAN? -

www.uclan.ac.uk/

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 8 months ago #1683 by Assessor
Oh I dont think dentists will pay Dental nurses with post grad. They have probs paying us now.
It seems to be very popular here in Preston at UCLAN. you can do some of the modules as some nurses have already gained radiography so they wouldnt have to do that. etc
Wonder if they will allow some one on tax credits to join . LOL

12 years 8 months ago #1680 by Vms118
Do you really think any dentists are going to pay a DN a post grad wage? HI-larious. especially now that tuition fees are upto £9000.00 per year, can anyone see this being worth it.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 8 months ago #1669 by Assessor
I have read with much interest the article in the latest edition of the Dental Nurse Journal. Dental nurses can now do a degree in Dental nursing. it leads to a BSc (Hons) in Dental Studies (Dental Care Professionals).
So if we gain the qualification in this what will our extra duties entail? What will we be able to do that we cant already carry out? Also how much more money if any will we get in our wages. Would any dentist pay us if we gain this qualification.? :S

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New