Steri pouches

12 years 9 months ago #1553 by Vms118
It seems obvious to me that this misery is not going to end. It'll only get worse when the next piece of "key" legislation regarding clinical standards is unleashed on to UK dentistry.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #1544 by Assessor
Recycleable steri pouches so that they are not a impact on the environment. Back in the early 1990s we were told to use the pouches before sterilisation. Then we were told to put the instruments in after steilization. then it came bout only handpieces. Now in the 2011s we are back to almost square 1 to bag up after sterilization. So in about 3 to 4 yrs time they will be telling us not to bag them up. Ive been dental nursing 26 years and im still confused by all this. Some one please get us out of this misery.

12 years 9 months ago #1539 by flipflop
yes i agree to. we work to best practice and comply to HTM - 0105, pouching everything up causes sooooooo much paper waste.

12 years 10 months ago #1523 by Vms118
lol Like I said -

"I completely agree with this. Our industry is so environmentally impacting. Would legislation allow for them to be recycled though even if they were bio-d?"

Does anyone have any idea what legislation says about recycling in surgery materials?

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 10 months ago #1519 by Bexchod
Is there actually any evidence to prove the reasons why we are having to use pouches??? Don't get me wrong, I think they are a great idea, but, they are a royal pain in the arse!!! I am obsessive about my drawers being immaculate, now they look untidy!!!!!!! :-(

12 years 10 months ago #1517 by Assessor
What im saying is that steripouches are not very green. they take up room in the drawers once the items are bagged up n a toatl waste really.

12 years 10 months ago #1514 by Vms118
OK now I am confused :unsure:

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 10 months ago #1510 by Assessor
I actually meant recycled hun ok we have so many sizes as well n once the items are bagged up theres no room in the drawers for anything else

12 years 10 months ago #1504 by Vms118
I said "recycled", not reused. Reusing steri bags would be daft.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 10 months ago #1497 by Assessor
I didnt actually mean for them to be reused but wots the degrading impact on the environment?????? one side is paper the other side is plastic .
But im sure some one will come up with a reusable version one day.

12 years 10 months ago #1493 by Vms118
I completely agree with this. Our industry is so environmentally impacting. Would legislation allow for them to be recycled though even if they were bio-d?

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 10 months ago #1484 by Assessor
Steri pouches are not biodegradable. We go thorough so many as well Come on dental companies make them more biodgradable..
:angry:

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New