Indemnity Insurance

12 years 9 months ago #1569 by Assessor
Try dental protection its only £32 or if ur dentist has paid the higher fee then its free ive just gone on it. Due to the new sliding scale of the BADN insurance. Thort they were saving us money.????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #1496 by Vms118
You should always have your own, it's a bad idea not too. You cannot rely on your employer to indemnify you otherwise you may face a law suit one day! We all know how tight many GDP's can be, how're you going to know if they've even paid for yours...

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 10 months ago #1474 by BarbaraD
Check with your employer you may already by them - but it is always better to have your own indemnity cover - shop around though the best isn't always the most costly and chose one that suits your circumstances

happy hunting

12 years 10 months ago #1473 by gemmley
you definitely have to have insurance, because if you go to a new job they will actual ask for proof that you have it.
I am with Dental protection and I pay about £35 per year which I think isn't to bad and then you are protecting yourself if you ever need advice or anything they will guide you or point you in the right direction.

12 years 10 months ago #1449 by Vms118
Yes you do have to have indemnity, I'm pretty sure that if you carefully read the GDC terms and conditions carefully then your registration is invalid without it (but I could easily be wrong about that, don't quote me :) )

None of them are cheap but the best5 i've found is -

www.dentalprotection.org/

They are a non-profit organisation and as such only exist to assist its members. Also, the way I read the terms for this, they have a type of policy (i've forgotten the fancy terms/names sorry) that if you leave the career, and 2 years later someone tries to take you to court over something that happened whilst being insured by them then they still support you. Whilst the BADN's policy is one that you have to be insured with them at the time of the claim being brought forward. So if you leave nursing then are taken to court, but are no longer insured, you are up sh*t creek without a paddle.

Victorus Aut Mortis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anne32

12 years 10 months ago #1445 by emma1990mc
Hi :)

I am a qualified and registered dental nurse.

I do not currently have indemnity insurance, and I am not covered on a practice insurance. I was wondering if:
* It is absolutely necessary for me to have it? if so;
* Does anyone know a cheap company to get it from?
* Will it be dearer for me as I take impressions?

I don't want to sound like I'm penny counting, but the amounts of money we have to pay out to do our jobs is ridiculous!

Thank you!
Emma :P

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New