CPD

13 years 8 months ago #801 by lavalette
I did not wont to do this at first but like Vms 118 I am enjoying now.

I found that because I have got out of the way of studying it was hard at first but now I have got a routine going I am finding it easier now.

I got a book from a friend about how to improve your studying and got some tips from that and now I am on a roll.

For me a set routine helps. It has been years since I had to do anything like this so I found it really difficult at first. But it is not so bad now.

Unless you dont wont to loose your job I think you should do CPD There are ways of checking so it would be stupid to rely on them not checking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #781 by Vms118
It completely depends on the format and content of the course, and are you planning on tracking it as VCPD or NVCPD? The GDC give guidance on what counts here -

www.gdc-uk.org/Current+registrant/CPD+requirements/

Essentially it is down to your own judgement. The funny thing is with this CPD business is that if you tell the GDC every year that you have done X amount of cpd your chances of actually being checked at the end of your cycle is very small. I know at least three registered nurses who have bluntly said "I'm not doing it, I don't see why I should have too. Besides I won't be checked." Which I can see the logic behind, but obviously a risky strategy.

I am just glad I enjoy doing CPD activities :)

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 8 months ago #780 by lavalette
I dont get the chance to go to these things as they are to far away and transport is difficult.

But I have been told that some of these courses are suitable for cpd. You should get a certificate with the date and time spent and that it qualifies for cpd after the event. Did you get that? It should also be signed to say you have been there?

Rita

13 years 8 months ago #779 by sharon75
I recently attended a risk assessment and a health & safety management course, could this count as CPD?

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New