Does anyone have courses for us norhterners?

11 years 7 months ago #2519 by hannahhogan
I'm in Orkney, most of our training will be done in house, but we'll go to Inverness for some bits too. A friend works in Orkney college (part of the university of Highlands and Islands) and they tell me that the college are currently putting together a dentistry course. I know that's a bit further north than you were expecting, but handy for anyone in the UHI area :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #2427 by Janetbj
Hi

In Scotland - NES Scotland runs courses in various parts of the country - details of these courses can be found on NHS Education for Scotland Portal (if you Google in it) - unfortunately you have to register in order to find out about the courses.
I run a website called Scottish Dental Nurses which attempts to highlight courses in Scotland - unfortunately if noboby lets me know about courses - I can't put them on the website!

Regards

Janet

11 years 8 months ago #2425 by Louby82
Try Ask Learning Academy they cover the whole of the UK and have different methods of CPD available

www.asklearningacademy.co.uk

13 years 7 months ago #830 by shannie134
I know I am a southerner but we have local deaneries that do courses
Below is the link for Scotland( i think)
I have just had a quick luck and looks as if different centres around Scotland
www.nes.scot.nhs.uk
Hope this helps if not online cpd can be done via
www.dcp4dentalnurse.co.uk
They say for £39 will cover all cpd you need

Hope this helps

Shannie

13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #817 by Hughes
Do you have any further information on the meeting on 2nd October, e.g. who the speakers are??

13 years 8 months ago #804 by Janetbj
Hi

During the winter/spring of 2009/10 I organised monthly meetings for dental nurses in Ayrshire. Evening meetings of 2 hours verifiable CPD. Dental nurses from other parts of Scotland contacted me with a view to doing something similiar in their areas. This is one of the main reasons for the meeting on 2nd October - a get together of Scottish Dental Nurses to find out how we would like to proceed in the future and also gain 5 hours verifiable CPD at the same time. I cannot say what will happen in the future - its up to the dental nurses out there.

Kind regards

Janetbj

13 years 8 months ago #803 by andyc
Hi Janet

I didn't twig that we already knew each other. You came on one of our hypnosis courses, right?

Andy

13 years 8 months ago #802 by andyc
Hi pokerface,

We're running a course on dealing with difficult people in Glasgow on 21st Jan (though I see you'd be a bit late!). We'll cover staying calm and dealing with aggressive, demanding patients, resolving conflicts with colleagues, standing up for yourself, and building confidence more generally.

Let me know if you'd like more info.

If you'd like to go, it's being organised by Anne Bryden.

Anne Bryden
0141 352 2850
anne.bryden (at) nes.scot.nhs.uk

@Janet I'll drop you a line to say hello.

Andy

13 years 8 months ago #800 by lavalette
I dont drive and public transport from where I live is crap. I can get to Glasgow for 10.15 and then still have to get to the course.

Will they be doing any courses in Perth at all?

13 years 8 months ago #799 by Janetbj
Hi

I am currently trying to organise some CPD courses for Dental Nurses in Scotland - the inaugural meeting of Scottish Dental Nurses is being held in the Teacher Building, St Enoch's Square, Glasgow on Saturday 2nd October 2010 from 9.30 a.m. until 4.00 p.m.
Unfortunately this is not course but it will provide delegates with 5 hours verifiable CPD, the opportunity to meet other dental nurses, and the opportunity to put forward ideas for future study days etc.
The speakers are representatives from National Examining Board for Dental Nurses, the General Dental Council, the National Clinical Assessment Service as well as a Clinical Dental Technician and a Life Coach.
Booking is necessary for this meeting.

Janetbj

14 years 1 day ago #177 by Yvonne
Dentrain runs the Oral Health & Sedation Course by correspondence.

They also do the Nat Cert!

www.dentrain.net

14 years 3 days ago #164 by Iain
Not sure Ross, but they haven't contacted me with info yet. I registered my interest some time ago now.

14 years 1 week ago #91 by ross
Does anyone know when the application of flouride course is due to start over in the leeds deanery area? :)

14 years 1 week ago #90 by hoofah
I agree totally, there are very limited courses near Edinburgh.

Please post some up.

Susan

14 years 1 week ago #75 by Twiki
Just wondering if anyone knows of any courses in or near scotland.
Or if the kind folks who set up the site could pop the scotland course providers onto their list?
:cheer:

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New