ROE Templates

5 years 1 week ago #8902 by justlaugh2
This was my 1st one but I honed and edited it to provide more information as I went on
The procedure being carried out was a Composite restoration of an upper left molar on a 36 year old male patient.
Consent was gained by the patient for a trainee nurse to assist with this procedure 14/0418 RR
I prepared the clinical area by wiping down all surfaces with disinfectant wipes, work surfaces, delivery unit, chair, light and spittoon.
I turned on all equipment lights,chair,suction,compressor and computer. I flushed water through the lines for 2 minutes.
I used the computer to get the patient details up on the screen and opened the X-rays files and medical history.
I set up a tray consisting of
Mirror, probe, 3 in1 tip, gingival gel, local anisthetic with a short needle and articane, cotton wool rolls, fast handpiece, slow handpiece, etch, bond, micro rush, Composite gun, flat plastic, ball burnisher, lightcure+protective shield, and articulating paper
I set up mouthwash for patient and a new suction tip and a saliva ejector on the unit
During the procedure I wore full PPE, gloves, mask and visor.
I provided the patient with safety glasses and bib.
My role was to monitor the patient , provide suction whilst the fast handpiece was being used and provide necessary materials and tools when needed.
Ie: passing etch, bond, lightcure and holding orange eye protection shield whilst lightcure was being used

After procedure...
When the procedure was complete I took the safety glasses and bib from the patient.
I took the used tray and disposed of the sharps in the sharps bin, clinal waste (tissue,cotton roll, 3 in 1, mouthwash cup and suction tip) into the clinical waste bin.
I put my tray and instruments into a sealed container for carrying to the decontamination room. I then disposed of my gloves into the clinical waste bin and put on fresh ones. I wiped down all surfaces, chair, light, suction pipe, delivery unit, work surfaces and spittoon. I flushed through the suction line with fresh water and used disinctant wipes to clean patient safety glasses, bib and my visor.
After putting on Visor and fresh gloves
I cleaned my instruments and tray by scrubbing individually with a long handled brush whilst submerged in a disinfectant solution then transferred to the autoclave to be sterilised.

Good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: EllieLeigh1, lilypad85, iamkipa, Kaydorcas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 3 weeks ago #8892 by Dental1998
Hi,
Would anyone be able to help me with my ROE templates as I don’t know where to start.
It would be really appreciated. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New