A level biology recommendation

6 years 2 months ago #8594 by samara4160
Hi Eloise
Sorry for the delay. The post grads courses are like you mentioned Dental Radiography, Ortho Nursing, Oral Health Education, Sedation Nursing and so on.
Good Luck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #8592 by Rebecca0987
nebdn.org/your-qualified-dental-nurse

For the an example of post qualification course. Hope all goes well. The access course is hard but is so worth it for me. It got me back into education and helped me with getting use to university work. It is hard work but i am so close to the end of my 4 yrs of training including university and college i am excited to qualify. Love dental nursing just never felt like it was enough for me.

6 years 2 months ago #8591 by Elloisecraig
Hi Samara,

I contacted Sheffield before posting on here, and was lead to believe I would need Biology. Could you tell me what sort of qualification you mean by post grad?? (sorry dumb question I know!!)
I have dental radiography qualification. Is that the kind of thing you mean?
kind regards,
Elloise

6 years 2 months ago #8590 by Elloisecraig
Hi Rebecca,
thank you for your reply, since reading it I have found and applied for a local access course. just waiting to hear back!
thanks again!!

6 years 3 months ago #8571 by samara4160
Hi.
The university in Sheffield will accept you on the Dental Hugiene & Therapy course with the dental nursing certificate plus two post grad courses. Providing you have good GCSE grades in maths and English as well. You don't need the A Level Biology as an entry requirement.
However if you are interested There's a few online providers that offer the full ALevel Biology online with tutor support at about £3-400however they are quite a challenge and it would mean you wouldn't be able to do the practical assignment test.
Hope that helps.

6 years 3 months ago #8569 by Rebecca0987
Try an access course. I am currently half way into my 3rd yr of university completing a degree in adult nursing. The access couse Is free if you are under 24yrs, if you are over there is a charge for me it was £3000 via the 24+ learning loan. For me i am sure if i completed 40% of my degree the debt is wiped off. i could choose to attend college for one day or three days. I felt that three days was good enough. But i know people who did it over one day. The access course you can choose health or science. I did my course in health which includes sociology, biology and psychology. Biology is very important in my degree, psychology and sociology are also important. As a HCP look at patients holistically. Also try a good ANP book Ross and Wilson. There are 2, one as a textbook and another a work book

6 years 3 months ago #8566 by Elloisecraig
Hi,
I'm looking to see if anyone can recommend an a-level biology course?
I want to train to be a hygienist and attempted the a level course at home but gave up as I really struggled with no tutor, etc. Has anyone done it, or doing it. Which course would you recommend? Or should I percivere with an online course and get myself a tutor?
I have contacted the admin of this site to see if they have a list of places that offer it but they unfortunately were unable to help, and I don't know any nurses that have made the leap from nurse to hygienist.
Any help is appreciated,
Elloise

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New