BDA radiography course

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #8523 by unflappable
Horribly difficult! This course is considered 40 hours CPD but it must have taken me well over 100 hours. I found the theory hard to take in - luckily my daughter is doing year 13 physics and is a good tutor. In hindsight I perhaps should have chosen classroom based rather than online learning.
The practical: I found it difficult to load the film in the holder correctly, think about angles, position the film correctly without hurting the patient and aim the x-ray beam correctly in a short space of time.
It would be better if we were taught the practical aspects on models before moving on to patients. (Dentists and radiographers are taught in this way). This would take the stress off the nurse and teaching dentist.
This would reduce the quantity of radiation received by patients. (Any new learner will have a few retakes).
Amazingly I passed with an A!!
Make sure your dentist teaches you plate positioning and beam aiming on staff before your real patient is in the chair. Bisected angles are easier in real life than they seem in theory. Don't give up, it's tough but you can do it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #8332 by samara4160
Hi
I was thinking about doing the same course. Can you please elaborate on what you are finding difficult. I dont want to start something I'm not going to succeed in.
Best of luck to you! X

6 years 11 months ago #8252 by stacy216
is anyone else doing this course online? Is anyone else finding it as difficult as I do?!

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New