3 Day First aid at work course

7 years 5 months ago #8008 by Teesey
Hi there
I see, well you still wouldn't be able to claim CPD for this course as you can not claim for follow up years that you haven't done yet, if you catch my drift. when you log onto your EGDC account where you log your CPD for the GDC to check it states that there. the in house med emergencies you claim you do are covering your cpd for this year. this course will just be for your benefit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #8002 by Elle92EH
Im not doing a dental focused one so they wont be able to help in regards to CPD
And we do CPR in house yearly

7 years 5 months ago #8000 by Teesey
Hi there
The course representative will tell you how many hrs cod you will get and if verifiable then you will get a certificate with this on that you will need to keep. Yes you will still need to do 2 hours every year to get the required core subject copy which is 10 hrs over 5 yr period
Just because you are doing 3 days will not equate to the number of hrs cod. I must admit 3 days cod does seem an awful lot. Most practices do in house medical emergencies once a yr which may last few hrs to 1 day that covers them not 3 ?

7 years 5 months ago #7998 by Elle92EH
im booked to do a 3 day First aid at work course
In regards to CPD how many hours is this in regards to verifiable cpd for medical emergencies?
Surely this can be used as verifiable right?
If this covers more than 2 hours do i still have to do 2 hours in each year or will this course plus extra hours be ok?

Thanks

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New