should I go back in to dental nursing helpppp???

7 years 3 months ago #8067 by Lucynurse1
I'm currently training, and getting through my online course, I work with a really difficult dentist too but I think I just need to get through the course, qualify and then you can shop around other practices until you find one that you're comfortable and happy in. You shouldn't let the dentist put you off doing something you want to do. Not all dentists are like that (I've heard) so if you get back into it you may find somewhere that makes you enjoy the job :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #7377 by k-niklas
Not all dentists are like that. I you go and do your qualification find a dental practise you enjoy to work in and you will love it.

7 years 11 months ago #7373 by Hristina.TMD
If you really want,go back.3 months is not enough for this job.

7 years 11 months ago #7371 by SarahL190
Hi, I was just wondering whether any dental nurses can help me? When I was 16/17 I was a trainee dental nurse in a practice and I genuinely enjoyed the nursing side of it but the dentist was an absolute horror to me and his other nurses too. After working there for 3 months he put me off wanting to do it because he was that horrible an I thought I couldn't cope with that again. I am really debating whether to go back in to it but I don't want to end up with a dentist who treats his nurses horrible again. Would anyone say it's worth going back in to do or are all dentists the same?

He even advised me not to carry on with it after I done my placement with him his own words was 'do you really want your life to be this constantly on your feet and paid very poorly if I was you I'd do something better with your life' - this is what completely took all my hope away.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New