Dental Hygiene and therapy course funding

9 years 6 months ago #6389 by Vms118
Yep. You have it about right.

It's about £6000 - £8000 per year, depending on a bunch of factors. Lots of forms to fill in.

That's if you're lucky enough to get on the course, and a course which has NHS funding. Not all the courses have funding. Some charge the uni fees of £9000 per year just for tuition fees.

Good luck having a part time job whilst on the course. The course itself is a killer. I simply couldn't work term time and pass assignments to the level I deem appropriate.

On the plus side it is an amazing experience so far, in a masochistic sort of way. Just one more year for me.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #6345 by mini-inglishd
Hi all!
I've been out of education for a couple of years and am a fully qualified dental nurse. I'm thinking about going to uni to study hygiene and therapy but the only thing holding me back is what student bursaries you get to survive off each year, from what I have worked out, you get some from the government and some from the NHS which mounts up to about £6000 which wouldn't even cover my rent/bills/car i am tied into. I would try to get a part time job to try and make it feasible, just worried about costs! Am I missing anything here?

Thanks for any replies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New