need advice

10 years 2 weeks ago #6133 by MrsW
Hi Fiona!
To be honest I haven't ever heard of it being done this way round. Usually colleges ask that nurses have at least 6 months experience in surgery before they start their courses, but I think that may just be so you know a bit more about it before being thrown on to the course?
I started working as a DN at 16 and didn't started my course until I was 18. This was because at a young age I didn't want to do the course on my own, all other nurses did it with at least one other "trainee" so I waited for the next girl to start and we did it together :)
I personally feel that working full time would be better as you will gain more experience quicker but if this is what the college and the practice have sorted between them then I don't see why it can't work.
Good luck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 weeks ago #6126 by FionaG
I have just applied for a dental nursing course with 2 days in college and 2 days work experience.

But all I've read on here is that everyone has got the job first and then trained. Is that what I should be doing or can I still do it the way the college says to do it? which way is better?? has anyone else trained at college first then got a job, even where they've had their work experience ??

feed back would be great, thanks! :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: vitamarina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New