Levison's Textbook for Dental Nurses

10 years 3 months ago #5943 by janet123
It seems a bit much that you are required to buy certain textbooks. I always just get mine from the library. You should check your local library out or even see if your nearest dental school allows visitors to enter and read the books, gives you a good place to study as well. Mosby's textbook of dental nursing is my personal favourite. I would hate to be told what textbook I have to use.

There most be a significant difference with the different editions. get a nice cheap one and if anyone pulls you up about it just say you couldnt afford a shiny new current edition textbook.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #5940 by Alex.

MLW87 wrote: Hi,
I'm afraid I'm not sure of the difference but I would speak to the college that provide your course as the experience I've had with courses is that the Levison should be provided to you as part of your course!

It's not a must. I'm doing as well a course and I had to purchase all the book's that they recommended. It's a very small difference between them I have the 9'th generation and a friend the 11th same things different covers(small "updates' to some topics).

10 years 3 months ago #5937 by whitelock
Hi,
I'm afraid I'm not sure of the difference but I would speak to the college that provide your course as the experience I've had with courses is that the Levison should be provided to you as part of your course!

10 years 4 months ago #5893 by Ditzy_DentalNurse
So for my college course I need to purchase the most up-to-date Levison's textbook. Now I have read through the 9th edition that a colleague lent to me when I first started work but now im unsure whether I should get the 10th or 11th edition for myself. What is the difference. I had a look online and it seems like both the 10th and 11th edition were printed in the same year :/

Thanks

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New