BDA Online OHE course!!

10 years 5 months ago #5829 by Tallulah
Oh that's not long to wait then that's good lol felt like years waiting for my radiography results but it wasn't online back then lol
Thanks again xxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #5826 by Allison
Hi Tallulah,
I did the exam on the Saturday and got my results 13 days later on the Friday by e-mail. I had the computer on from 8.30 in the morning on that Friday but got the e-mail at 2.45pm so if I were you just let it happen, I was a nervous wreck by 12 midday! They send you your cert and badge out in the following week along with a breakdown of your results xx Good luck again xx

10 years 5 months ago #5824 by Tallulah
ahh sounds like thats what I will be doing aswel lol
thanks for all your answers :) youve been very helpful.
just another quick question, how long does it take to get your results?
xx :)

10 years 5 months ago #5817 by Allison
yes you can do your online exam at home, as long as that is where you do the mock exam cos it has to be the same computer. I did mine at home. I just made my husband and kids go out for a couple of hours and take the phone off the hook so I wouldn't be disturbed. I don't know if I should say this but the time I had told it was and the actual time of the exam was different. I didn't have time to cheat cos I was too busy typing my answers

10 years 5 months ago #5815 by Tallulah
So if you doing it online you can do it at home? sorry for all the questions i just like to know what i am doing in advance lol
still find it bizzare that it is online!!!
lol
Thank you hun, I hope I pass it as my main goal is go to university and to hyg/therapy so fingers crossed i am ready for next intake lol
xx

10 years 5 months ago #5811 by whitelock
It is very strange doing online exams isn't....who knows what text book you've got by your side etc...but hey ho, that's just me not trusting people :laugh:
I don't really understand why my practice aren't interested in it really because you're right, it would save a lot of time and hassle for the dentists and hygienists! Nevermind, maybe one day I'll get to have a little session :)
Good luck with your course and exam, I hope you enjoy it!

10 years 6 months ago #5802 by Allison
Hi, I just passed this course at the beginning of October. Yes the exam is online. You will get to do a mock exam online first to give you an idea of how it works but this must be done on the pc you will sit the real exam on. It seemed pretty scarey to me as it's the first online exam I have ever done. But just settle into it, take your time and you will find it ok. The instructions are easy to follow ( they had to be for me! ) and you will be just fine. Good luck with it I hope you do really well xx

10 years 6 months ago #5800 by Tallulah
Hiya Thank you for you reply.
I find it very bizarre that the exams are how online!! quite strange.
yes I got the text book with my course pack.
my practice supports me unconditionally and I have a book open already for sedation pre and post ops and impressions so I can fir them in where I have my book open, which is great.
I think that they obviously aren't clued up much because you can save them time and money using your skills to help them, how strange.
hope you either come to some sort of an agreement or find a practice that will let you use your skills for them.

10 years 6 months ago #5797 by whitelock
Hi Tallulah,

I took the BDA OHE course in 2009 but it has changed since. A friend of mine is currently taking it and as far as I remember she also said her exam is online, as was the Radiography course she took this year. I find it quite bizarre that they're doing exams online now...but I'm not a very trusting person so that's just my opinion :laugh:
As for information, have they provided you with a text book? I got the Basic Guide to Oral Health Education and Promotion which I found really helpful, it's got all the info you'll need for the course (or did have when I took it :) )
How are you finding the course? Are you enjoying it? I really enjoyed it. The practice I was at when I did it were really helpful and gave myself and my colleague alternate Thursday afternoons to see our patients for our record sheets and then obviously once we were qualified continued to have these sessions. There are a few people I know of who haven't been given this opportunity and have had to "make up" patients for their record sheets which I really don't think is right :dry: Unfortunately, at the practice I'm at now they aren't interested in it as "dentists and hygienists give patients this information so it's not necessary for me to have any sort of session" apparently.... :(

10 years 6 months ago #5790 by Tallulah
Hi!
Has anyone done this course recently?
I have just started doing the course and the exam says it will an online exam?! is this correct or will I be travelling as with Radiography etc.!
Also, do you know of any websites that prove any decent information leaflets etc, been looking and not really found anything worth while.

Many Thanks in Advance

:cheer:

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New