Topical Anesthetic + Fluoride Application

12 years 3 weeks ago #2048 by Assessor
Just goggle dental protection the download the info your dentist mite also be reg with them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #2045 by haighs
Do you know the web addy where i can find out about the dental protection,

Thanks

12 years 3 weeks ago #2037 by Assessor
Im a qualified dental nurse with extended duties Ive been dental nursing sine 1984 and qualified since 1993. Ive also passsed my radiography recently and NVQ Assessor and dental nurse tutor and still dont get £20,000. I work in a private practice. Im nolonger registered with the BADN im now with Dental protection its only £32 per year.

12 years 3 weeks ago #2035 by Stremegborn

12 years 4 weeks ago #2032 by SandatRooess

13 years 7 months ago #845 by KLKennedy
Ha ha ha! Good joke!! I don't think my employer's going to go for that! I can only hope the BADN get their wage recommendations adhered to. Especially since, according to them a newly qualified dental nurse working 37 hours should get a minimum of £20k pa. I've already got extended duties with being a qualified oral health educator (although the dentists just seem to think all I can do is talk about toothbrushing!!), Childsmile is in addition to this. I'm a senior dental nurse with 13 years experience, working at least 40 hours per week, in a private practice & still don't earn £20k pa.

Kirsty

13 years 7 months ago #840 by Vms118
BUt surely if your scope of practice has gone up...your renumeration has too? I would very much hope more than £30 pa so surely it's a worthwhile trade off? :)

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 7 months ago #836 by KLKennedy
Ladies, I've just found out my indemnity cover has to increase by another £30 because I'm doing direct patient care (applying fluoride, as part of Scottish Childsmile programme). As good as it is, we're increasing our knowledge & scope of practice, but it's a pain we're having to pay more for doing so!! :S

Kirsty

13 years 7 months ago #816 by shellbell
Hi
Im starting the fluoride course in Bolton (nr Manchester) next week but you had to be quick to get on it, they only have a max of 10 people per course and cant say when the next on will be run. (it was a fantastic price £125.00 and a £300.00 retainer fee given back as long as all dates are attended and you pass) :unsure:

ill let you all know how i go on and what the course involves

13 years 8 months ago #749 by Vms118
Sounds like a cool programme, but the Tesco's bit sounds like a good way to get sued to me lol A shame it stopped.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 8 months ago #747 by weesy
our practice is involved in an OHP pilot scheme -so for part of the scheme we had to do Fluoride Varnish Application course as we were suposed to go out in the community to apply the varnish ie sit in asda or tesco and just apply fluoride to childrens teeth but :( :( it got stopped something to do with consent. which is a shame because i was looking forward to it. ;)

13 years 8 months ago #746 by haighs
Hi Weesy I was just wondering where you took this course and if you know the contact details.

Thanks

13 years 8 months ago #704 by Vms118
That sounds pretty good Weesy. When you say over a week, were the lectures spread over months or literally a week? and would you mind sharing where you did this course?

:)

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 8 months ago #700 by weesy
I completed the Fluoride Application course last year-our course was over a week long with lots of information to take in. then you had to complete 10 practicals in surgery and your dentist has to mark your different skills ie communication, professionalism and applicaton. then we had x2 role play exams done in front external examiners which thank god i passed -so now i'm an extra duties dental nurse. haven't done any in surgery yet as we have no funding for the PCT. :)

13 years 9 months ago #590 by haighs
I have checked on this site and the courses are available at KIngs but unfortunatley the courses that I would like to do are all on the same day.

13 years 9 months ago #586 by Vms118
I'd be really interested in this information also, I really want to expand my scope of practice with things like this.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 9 months ago #580 by haighs
Thats brill glad you enjoyed it was there alot of theory work involved as well. Where abouts are you situated as im from Northamptonshire area and there dosn't seem tobe alot happening in our area. I dont mind travelling to places but would be easier if the curses were nearer. Thanks for the information.

13 years 9 months ago #578 by jonesey
hiya, I have just finished a 12 week fluoride applicaton course run by our local pct, I really enjoyed it and found it interesting, there was alot of course work and additional work that needed to be completed so the portfolio can be sent of to the deanery, I will find out in a couple of weeks if I have passed the course, and if I have I cant wait to apply fluoride on patients,my dentists has given me the go ahead to do this. and I have met some really nice nurse's too.

13 years 9 months ago #574 by haighs
Hi

I was just wondering if anyway knows of any courses on Topical Anesthetic and Fluoride Application. Also if anyone has done the courses and if you could tell me what you think about them as im thinking of enrolling on a course.

Thanks

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New