Sharing non-verifiable articles.

13 years 8 months ago #736 by angelardn
I would love to be included in this as I'm struggling with my NVCPD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #671 by Caroline
That would so help me out. I really struggle I have a full time job on top of part time dental nursing. I get confused a bit as I am on my own finding stuff out.
VMS118 hope your well soon. :cheer:

13 years 9 months ago #640 by Cveitch
I would love to be included in this, i only work part time as i have a 16 month old daughter and another baby on the way, subscribing to magazines as well as paying the annual retention fee, going on courses, etc, does get a bit costly. Also having the time to sieve through magazines and articles of interest is sometimes time consuming and at times my monthly dental nursing magazine doesnt spark my interest to read, at times there may be 1 article of interest. Maybe categorising articles, if at all possible would be good? :)

Thanks
x

13 years 9 months ago #583 by Vms118
For all those who are interested in this idea - sorry for the delay. I have been in hospital recently and therefore out of action. But once I am properly back on my feet i'll start to work on it again, shouldn't be too long now.
:)

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 9 months ago #559 by lavalette
My boss gives me all his magazines to take home to read as he knows I really worry about the NVCPD part.

I have no way of going to courses with my job, so every little bit helps. He advised me just to keep a notebook with me and write down the mins or hours I spend even just talking about things. I have a friend who nurses and if she is talking about dentistry or asking advice I should put this down as well.

I am not comp literate so dont have a scanner at home so I would really love some advice as to were I can download stuff to read. I only go on this site and the VCPD site. I can also only do my course work at home so I have to fit it round cooking, cleaning walking the dogs and looking after parents and taking them for hospital visits. Took my mag with me yesterday as spent two hours at day surgery with my dad so that worked out ok.

My boss pays for my dental magazine and I get all my VCPD there. But I do worry about NVCPD.

13 years 9 months ago #558 by mm21
Brilliant idea!

13 years 10 months ago #535 by bhirchfeld
you tell your dentist to share is good for his soul,what a silly man. sounds if you should get out of that place and go somewhere else. I would like to come in on this printing out of non vcpd.

13 years 10 months ago #534 by bhirchfeld
you tell your dentist to share is good for his soul,what a silly man. sounds if you should get out of that place and go somewhere else. I would like to come in on this printing out of non vcpd.

13 years 10 months ago #533 by janette
struggling with non VCPD our dentist will not let us
read the dental mas that come he says they are for him.
Also VCPD courses gone up to five pounds per coursr and 2 pounds for parking
this on 6 pounds per hour so any sharing of non-verifiable articals would help a lot

13 years 10 months ago #532 by Vms118
It is definitely going to happen Trudy. I am just looking at logistics and format at the moment.

"If something is worth doing, it's worth doing it properly!"
:cheer:

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 10 months ago #530 by trudyvalentine
I would love to be included in this as I am struggling to find articles to read. I really dont want to spend a fortune subscribing to magazines.

13 years 10 months ago #528 by DentalNurseNetwork
Hi Members

All cpd subscribers get one new verifiable cpd each month. Annual subscription is only £19.99 and gives you 12 verifiable cpd`s per year. For each cpd you will get an online article to read and a multiple choice test to complete, followed by a certificate of completion.

To read more about it click here.

In regards to the non-verifiable points that have already been discussed on the forum. We are currently in the process of increase the number of non-verifiable articles made available on the site.

Also, we love the discussion about downloading and sharing articles with other members. We think this is a brilliant idea and are exploring the options. B)

Will keep you posted.

Thanks for all you comments. :cheer:

The Dental Nurse Network Team :laugh: :laugh:

13 years 10 months ago #525 by Vms118
I don't have the foggiest, sorry. :(

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 10 months ago #523 by sarah1988
is anyone paying for the VCPD on this site?? does anyone know how regular they update their VCPD?? B)

13 years 10 months ago #516 by Vms118
Ok great. I'll give it a few days to see how many people are interested and also do little research into making individual scanned pages into PDF files - so that I am not passing out hundreds of pages etc but whole digital booklets. But even if it is only a few people that is still great, pooling resources is always a good thing. Carl Marx would be proud ;)

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 10 months ago #515 by zoe
I'm definitely up for this, would help all our nurses out, if you get it up and going please do let me know, have got loads of articles at work that I could scan.

13 years 10 months ago #514 by Vms118
Mmmmm...It is most definately possible but it would have to obviously be implicated by the DNN. They may not however have the resources/man power to accomadate this, although (cough cough ;) it would be great if they could)

The only major obstacle I could see to making it "public" online could be copyright issues. However, of the few things i have checked from my shelf just now, none of them state no repoducing is forbidden.

@ Sarah - You don't get the Gazette? that is criminal considering I assume you pay your registration fee like the rest of us. A present -

www.gdc-uk.org/News+publications+and+eve...+the+GDC/Gazette.htm

As long as you have some sort of PDF reader like Adobe on a computer you use you can download/read these at will. And if you don't you can usually find one for free on google (or any other search engine) by searching "PDF reader free" otherwise copy and paste this one

get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

Anyhow, back to the point... If DNN were not willing/could not help us out with this I would be willling to arrange/organise this. The file sizes really won't be that big, you could probably forward someone a hundred scanned GDC gazettes in one email from your average free email service provider i.e. hotmail, if you really wanted to. And it would not be at all difficult to set up a mailing list.
So for example, anyone interested could post there email address on the forum/thread - for those who were not incredibly comfortable with this for security reasons, could simply create a new/clone account for simply recieving the data and avoiding posting personal addresses. Once I had then received a bunch of scans from other nurses, I would sift through it to make sure there are no duplications and simply once a month or fornight send out all the new stuff to the mailing list.

And for those of us who don't consider them selves techie, learning how to scan a document to a USB - and then forwarding it to me or DNN, attached to an email is really simple stuff to learn. If it seemed much of an issue, I could either post a link to a website explaining how or make my own instructions and send to nurses in a word document. Wala! instructions :silly:

Again, what do people think? Could be a great way to gather all that NVCPD.

:cheer:

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 10 months ago #511 by zoe
Fantastic idea, all our nurses thought that verifiable cpd was going to be difficult to achieve but it has turned out to be non verifiable that is causing more of an issue. Think it would be great if we could all help each other out, is there a way we can scan articles and put them on this site for all to read????

13 years 10 months ago #510 by sarah1988
i think this is a really good idea, i am very keen on doing my CPD but do struggle with NVCPD as dont recieve the GDC gazzet!!

13 years 10 months ago #509 by Vms118
Oh yes, forgot to add. By keeping the digital scans that you have received from other nurses, you then have printable proof of the activity should you ever be one of the unlucky ones when the GDC says "we want to see your whole portfolio"...

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 10 months ago #508 by Vms118
I was recently thinking about ways I can share dental articles with colleauges who are less than enthusiastic about keeping up with CPD, I wanted to do this in a way that the information I wanted to pass out would not go "walkies" and I think I have had a good(ish) idea.

The GDC mentions (somewhere) in it's guidance on non-verifiable cpd that you should keep the articles you read. I thought that an easy/enviromentally/quick and cheap way of doing this could be - scanning documents and emailing them as attachments. Then I thought....this could be done through somewhere like the DNN.

The way I see it is an easy way to get NVCPD and share information. The type of articles I am thinking of is stuff like nursing magazines from BDA, BADN and issues of Team from Dental protection, as lets face it no one is a member of all of them (as it would cost a lot of money)

What do people think? would you be willing to go through the 5 minute effort of scanning the pages of a magazine if others were willing to share and reciprocate this?

just an idea. :)

Victorus Aut Mortis.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New