Courses in Scotland

13 years 8 months ago #798 by Janetbj
Hi Scottish Dental Nurses

There is an inaugural meeting of Scottish Dental Nurses on Saturday 2nd October 2010 in the Teacher Building, St Enoch Square, Glasgow from 9.30 a.m. until 4.00 p.m. with tea/coffee and lunch included.
Speakers from National Examining Board for Dental Nurses, General Dental Council, National Clinical Assessment Service, as well as a Clinical Dental Technician and a Life Coach.
5 hours Verifiable CPD.

Advance booking required

Many thanks

Janetbj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #762 by parker1
OT dip course, from what I have heard not many jobs available. if I were you I would take the opportunity, especially if it will be paid for you, and who knows after three years more job opportunities may be available. If it's something that you are seriously interested you should consider it. The opportunity may not be available in the next ortho practice you work in. :cheer:

13 years 8 months ago #760 by parker1
you don't say where you are based but if you sign into www.dentistryportal.scot.nhs.uk it will give you details of courses throughout Scotland.

13 years 9 months ago #668 by Janiebt
Hi

I know im starting up an old thread but it was kinda relevant.. I have been offered a conditional acceptance on the OT dip course. My ortho employer pays the fees but you stay there, bond by contract for 3 yrss...

What i want to know is,, if i were wanting to leave after then, would i be in much demand? The OT thing doesnt seem to be taking off much up north and the few ortho places i know arent interested in putting there nurses through for this? Does any one know of orthotherapy jobs being brought up in there ortho practices? I kinda want to feel ill not be there for the rest of my life :)

Thanks xx :P

13 years 9 months ago #560 by lavalette
There have been some courses in Dundee but transport links here are crap. I dont have a car. Busses and trains do not get me to where I wont to go on time. And then there is getting home.

O the joys of country living.

13 years 10 months ago #457 by Vms118
A large amount of courses concerning all sorts of topics these days are run in the evening for people who cannot get away from work.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 10 months ago #445 by lavalette
I work in a surgery with just the dentist and me. So it is impossibe to go on courses as I am not able to take the time off, and anyway the dentist does everything himself, I just suction and mix. My main priority is the office so am I a dental nurse or receptionist.

Are there any courses for the likes of me and is there anyone else out there in the same situation as me.

13 years 10 months ago #427 by Twiki
Hey Dental nurse team

Just wondering if you would be able to find out any info about courses provided for us girls in the north

Other courses also such as Impression taking, suture removal
Cleanliness Champion course

It would be a great help for myself and other girls at my practice as well as any other girls from the north

Thanks very much

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New