Dental hygiene + therapy Alevels

10 years 4 months ago #5894 by kta1986
Sorry, I mis-read your post, I thought you said that you had GCSEs. Good luck in whatever you choose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #5892 by Tallulah
Struggling with the idea at the moment, spoke to some1 from sheffield Uni and they recommend maths English and science GCSE's and I haven't got them so unlikely I will even get a interview just can't afford to do them which is a shame :/ never mind

10 years 4 months ago #5891 by kta1986
Hiya, yes you can still get onto a few hyg courses with nursing + 2 post quals, however, it is becoming more a-level orientated. Hope you go for it

10 years 5 months ago #5888 by Tallulah
Hi
could you tell me did you get onto the course without GCSEs and with equivalent or know anybody on the course that did
I have my certificate in dental nursing, 10 years experience, oral health and radiography, would sheffield accept me do you think ?!
struggling with the idea of being rejected because of the GCSE aspect lol and dont want to waste my or the unis time

What do think i should do?!

Thanks in advance

11 years 2 months ago #4316 by kp55555
Hi

you do not need alevels to do the hygiene and therapy diploma

some universities accept dental nurse qualification + 2 post grads for example ive just got into sheffield to do the course and i dont have any a levels i have a dental nurse nqv and radiography and OHE

11 years 4 months ago #3093 by HRussell
I took my A levels before leaving school but I'm sure if you contacted your local colleges they would be able to advice you.

You may find that they do part time courses or evening courses as they understand that people work during the day and can't attend day sessions.

There will be a way to do it :)

11 years 4 months ago #3087 by sam_stoddart
ive been looking at applying to kings college or the eastman in the future i have the pospectus and what qualifications you need to hold, to get into the eastman for hygiene you need loads as they only take on 10 Peple per year.
i have all of the qualifications bar Alevels i need 1-2 Alevels and pref in biology, does anyone else hold an Aleve in biology and how did you get it? i was going to go to college after school to get Alevels but i managed to land myself a job as a trainee dental nurse so i didnt go. now im kind of stuck in a rut as to get further in my career i need alevels, any idea on how i can gain a biology Alevel without quiting work?
i have good GCSE's all A-C grade, National certificate in dental nursing and im set to go on a sedation course and do the radiography course / exam.
Thanks

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New