Smiking cessation

11 years 7 months ago #2507 by MLA
Hi,
this is a tricky question.
If you are qualified, got the 'certificate' that you are qualified for doing a specific job,
you can ask the employer for a general pay rise. (as you are more qualified and useful to the practice). This will then cover the smoking cessations or other, that you are doing.

If you don't get a pay rise, ask the dentist if you can be paid a bit more for the extra you are doing, but it is part of a dental nurses job anyway.
I am not so sure that there is a general rule for this, possibly only advice.
The dentist is sort of paid, indirectly for smoking advice, as a check up includes checking for gum problems and caries, to take x rays if needed, scaling et cetera, et cetera, as well as smoking advice. They are not paid extra for it.
So, it will be down to your employer if you should be paid more for doing this.
:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #2478 by Assessor
Ask the BADN

11 years 7 months ago #2458 by seakiki11
HI
I just find about a free course for dental nurses ,it is smoking cessation...those are contact number and email:0800 093 9030 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Does anyone know if a DN has to be pay more if pt are booked with her for smoking cessation app?
Just ask as my dentist won't tell me,and may try to make me do it for free...
Heard from other colleague that for smoking cessation nurses should be pay as PCt pay the dentist...
Thnx
Andreea
Attachments:

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New