EDNA

12 years 5 months ago #1893 by Vms118
I'm going to assume that this is in response to my statement regarding probability of actually getting CPD checked by the GDC.

I would never advise a fellow professional to not maintain their registration that is daft, and illegal. I'm sorry if you read that in what I said. My point is that if Benjamin, the obviously diligent nurse that he is. sends his form in saying XXX VCPD XX number of hours, will they even double check this? They aren't even aware of the hundreds? thousands? of other DN's that are not registered....or the illigeal tooth whitening centres/practitioners...

Victorus Aut Mortis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #1892 by monika
Do you really think its promoting our profession if we don't try to adher to the GDC guidance on maintaining our registration?

12 years 5 months ago #1891 by monika
Hi, edna was taken over by www.cpd4dentalnurses.co.uk in january and any members with membership time remaining had access to their site till the end of their edna membership. I would email them and see if your membership is still valid.

12 years 5 months ago #1851 by Vms118
Benjamin, I'd say that that call is always up to each DCP - according to the GDC standards for cpd.

But saying that....lets face it. The ACTUAL chance that the GDC will check it is so small you may as well not worry about it. I'm pretty sure about 20% of nurses are currently practising without reg at the moment, if the GDC can't even notice this then you'll probably be ok.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 6 months ago #1850 by benjamin2
Last year I registered with a site named EDNA (educating dental nurses association). I completed several CPD articles with them for which I have certificated evidence, but this year I don't seem to be able to find their website. Has anyone else had dealings with them and do we know if the completed work is
valid?

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New