× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Covid - 19

4 years 3 weeks ago #9112 by anniepartridge
I completely agree! Emergency dentists exist for this reason... I know I am a key worker but I never agreed to work in such circumstances during a pandemic that is deadly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 4 weeks ago #9109 by millstone
I work in a large practice(mostly private with a small NHS contract for exempt patients only). Having received information last week that dental surgeries should cease using high-speed drills, so no fillings or RCT and no scale/polishing, added to aged 70+ and those with underlying health issues discouraged from attending at all, it is likely that there is not even work to remain open doing essentially check-ups on only those fit and/or willing to attend, the odd simple extraction, and pain-relief/issue of script, it occurs to me should we even remain open using best part of 2000 masks, gloves etc.per week. There are emergency dental clinics which I feel could be expanded to deal with emergenies only, and general surgeries should be TOLD to CLOSE, thereby releasing gloves/masks/hand gel/etc to be put to better use by NHS hospitals coping with Coronavirus.
What are other surgeries Private and NHS doing at the moment? and any thoughts on the issue?

4 years 1 month ago #9107 by H3l3n
I was wondering, is it OK to use alcohol wipes in a non clinical setting on metal surfaces such as door handles?
Thanks in advance
Helen

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New