× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

OSCE exam

4 years 1 month ago #9110 by lana_o
Sorry to hear that. It was intense. I would suggest that you are absolutely confident with medical emergencies. You have only 2 minutes per task. You need to practice talking to patients ( giving them advice and aftercare). Learn instruments for each treatment and stages. For example RCT, stage 1 - cleaning , stage 2 - filling in. Practical aspect - mixing products, do it in most hygienic way. I would study as well recycling and rubbish disposal .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #9106 by shaanali
How did you get on with your OSCE Exam? I unfortunately failed my exam in January, so due to resit the exam in June. Any advise how to perform better at the Exam. Any feedback would be great. Warm Regards.

4 years 1 month ago #9098 by Lisaagyy
Listen to music eat blueberries and stay away people before exams, don’t bother having a quick revision session. Just before the exam, take deep breaths and close your eyes, try block everything out. Worked for me,also have anxiety

4 years 3 months ago #9078 by Cma28
Hi, I am a trainee dental nurse and passed my written part of the exam in November. I have my OSCE exam this Friday, and I was just looking for any tips/hints on how to calm my nerves and what to expect on the day.
I am extremely nervous and suffer with anxiety and it’s something I really want and care about, so fingers crossed all the hard work pays off!

Thanks in advance :)

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New