× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hep b booster while pregnant

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #8998 by unflappable
I'm imagining a very unpleasant conversation where you inform your dentist they can either scrub the instruments themselves or hire a temp nurse to do this. You would be technically correct but they will hate you.

Weighing up the unbelievably tiny chance of you catching hep b due to a work injury while having lower than recommended antibodies versus the unbelievably tiny chance your baby could be harmed by the booster. If you ask for a risk assessment it will never be done.

Try delaying tactics and with a bit of luck it will be forgotten about.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #8997 by unflappable
Although advice seems to be it's OK to get help b vaccine or booster while pregnant you could try delaying tactics (Could I have some time to think about it?) Or else give à statement that compelling you to have this while pregnant would affect your mental well-being. (This would certainly make me anxious - the younger the child the more vulnerable to everything.). They could either just chill out then let you get it when you return or else put you on plain dental nursing or reception duties only. (Only oral surgery and instrument reprocessing are considered high risk for sharps injuries).

4 years 9 months ago #8984 by unflappable
Did a blood test show low levels of Immunity?

4 years 9 months ago #8980 by tash_nurse1
Hi

I was wondering what's people's views on having hep b booster when pregnant?

I'm 21 weeks pregnant, I'm seeing midwife on Wednesday so will ask her too, but just wanted to see if anyone was in a similar situation or know what the right thing to do was.

I've only got about 3 months left before I go on maternity leave I rather not have the booster but do not know where that leaves me regarding working in surgery as im the only full time Nurse.

Any opinions or suggestions is greatly appreciated :)

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New