× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Trainee Dental Nurse

4 years 8 months ago #8995 by lucydental1
hi all trainee dental nurses.im brand new to this site and im glad I find familiar topics.im 46 and just changed my career from childcare to dentistry.i start my course in September and im hoping for useful tips to get me going.i worry slightly about grasping all this knowledge at my age and after not studing anything serious for the last 20 odd years.so if anybody can share their very first struggles and joys that would be fab.lucy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #8977 by Ekw
Hi there. I have stood for dentistry for years I am sort of used to it now but I would say get good quality shoes. I wear theatre shoes proper full shoe i think mine are called oxypas nothing to look at but they are comfy. Slip proof and washable. Around 35.00. The hospital got me them but you can buy equivalents. Hope that's helpful.

4 years 8 months ago #8975 by Mummypower72
Can you wear sketchers with your scrubs? The nurses I work with are provided with navy sketchers to go with their scrubs they say they’re very comfortable!

4 years 9 months ago #8967 by Corky18
Hi I am currently a trainee dental nurse and I have been for almost 1 year now. I love my job and the people I work with there are only 3 members of staff including me, the dentist and one receptionist (who is the dentists wife). I work in a private practice in Doncaster. Our practice is really small however really busy! I work 9:30am-7:30pm sometimes longer. We see about 20-25 patients everyday but most treatment is RCT or Crown preps (the longer procedures) We get the odd check up and scale and polish but mainly we do big treatments. I wanted to know if anyone has a bit of advice for feet ache. I am 5'0 and the dentist is like 6'4 so I struggle sitting down and aspirating and things. I need some extra comfy shoes and i want to know what the best options are. Thankyou x

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New