× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Ortho Therapy training

4 years 11 months ago #8927 by Char2120
Hi, thanks for your advice. Since discussing with my boss she has said the same, which works out well. Can I ask did you have your Ortho nursing qualification? Ill be applying to start the course for next June at kings. I've heard it is tough to get on the course. Any advice is great!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #8921 by mcpowe
Hi Char2120,

I am going to be starting the training in June this year. I currently work for an NHS hospital and I am getting the course fee funded. With regards to salary, under NHS training regulations we have to be paid a proportion of the qualified salary whilst training (this actually works out for me a small amount more than my current nurses salary) Once qualified though, I will receive the normal banding/salary. The course is only one year, and I have heard in practice that nurses get paid the same wage whilst training if the practice is funding their training, which is fair enough. However, I imagine once qualified your employer would legally have to pay you the correct salary for a qualified therapist. They will usually write into the contract that as they're paying for the training you do have to stay with the practice/company for X amount of years. Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate_K

5 years 15 hours ago #8915 by Char2120
Hi, I've been asked to do Ortho Therapy. So my boss would find the course and I would work on a nurses salary for X amount of years. Please can you advise this is the best option. I would like to do the course but surely I would get some sort of pay rise in completing as it's a more challenging position. Please any suggestions would be a great help.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New