× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Making trays

5 years 10 months ago #8720 by unflappable
If you have the vacuum machine you can just order the plaster and the sheets (eg sof-tray ultradent classic) and start making them.
1. Get another nurse or dentist to show you how to pour up models. This is not as easy as it may seem, if you don't have a a vibrating plate you need work hard to get rid of all the air bubbles.
2. When the plaster is dry carve off any excess with a strong knife. Fill any voids with plaster and allow to dry. Apply nail varnish or another spacer to buccal surfaces of the teeth if your dentist wishes the whitening trays to have resovoirs (some dentists insist these are needed, others do not). Carve a 1mm deep ditch around you plaster cast 1-2mm above the gum margin. This produces a tight fitting tray.
3. Heat and then suck down the sheet until it clings to the plaster teeth.
4. Pull off and trim with scissors.
Try making a set for yourself first! Have fun!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #8615 by susmita
You could attend one day course organised by DNN (Whitening assisting course). I did that and got some tips from youtube videos. Once you start making them, all you need is practice.

6 years 2 months ago #8610 by Shellby
Good morning,

Do any of you guys know any courses I could go on which would allow me to make whitening trays etc in practice?

Kind Regards,

Shellby.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New