× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Overtime pay ?

6 years 9 months ago #8312 by Kelly_Wcampbell
Yes, you are right, Teesey. The hospitals should have some system to monitor the overtime and nurses should get overtime pay through this they will feel more motivated and give extra time willingly. At the end of the day, hospital service and credibility will increase.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #8304 by dentalnurse6
I would expect you to be able to log your overtime and get paid for it. I would imagine it's unheard of now to be expected to work for free. You are a dental professional and as such should be reimbursed for your valuable time. I would start logging all your overtime straight away and then present it to your manager when payroll is due. If they won't pay you cash then insist on time off in lieu at minimum. You won't find many dentists who would see a patient for free, so don't accept being palmed off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teesey

6 years 9 months ago #8295 by walice004
for me depends on the dentist , if he did faf around i will not stay on launch time was his fault.... if need to stay little will go earlier home end of the day ....
End of the day overtime have to be paid 100 per cent sure...
I do not work for Free when they are wining 1000£/day ...
put as overtime and give to your manager .... if he don;t pay don;t stay doing overtime
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teesey

6 years 10 months ago #8288 by Teesey
Hi Guys

Just wondering how it works in other practices if you find that you are working over at lunchtime or the end of day, does anyone log down the time and hand that over for overtime pay for the end of the month or are we all expected to work for free?

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New