× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

General CPD?

7 years 1 month ago #8173 by h.t3112
so verifiable is all courses with a certificate, or online tests with a certificate, dental cpd magazine tests with a certificate etc. i take general cpd to be all other relevant learning. we get dental magazines sent to the practice, if i read some interesting articles i will put those down as an hour, maybe read three for each hour that i log. i do put online articles eg. isopharm, DNN. i do put practice meetings. i do put practice training (we pick a monthly subject out of HTM or CQC and someone will go through it while everyone else listens), i don't put stock take. this is what we all do in practice, none of us got sent anything from GDC i don't think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #8133 by Teesey
Hi there Mic 92

when you register with the GDC, they send through to you all the information that you need re continuing development they supply you will a booklet which details all the general and verifiable aspects of cpd. yes staff meetings can be classed as general all dental reading ie journals etc as well
your team should be able to advise you, they are all going through this too.

thanks

7 years 2 months ago #8132 by Mlc92
Just a quick question i'm struggling to get me general cpd up to date as i cant seem to understand what i can and can't put down for them.
I've been told by a few people at work that you can put down hours for practice meetings, stock take i just want to know if this is true? Also what are "general CPD" i've been reading and finding online general cpd which has really helped me but just wonder what do other nurses put down?
I've only been on the register for 2 years and after doing no cpd for a year i really want to get in to some kind of routine with updating my cpd.

Thank you :)

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New