× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Does it take long to get back on the GDC register?

7 years 2 months ago #8114 by BikerMoo
I had to re-apply as I changed jobs for a while. Unfortunately it does take a while, I think it took me 4 weeks and I had to go to my doctors to get them to sign the form saying I was fit to work! Call the GDC and explain the situation, don't wait for them to get in touch. And insist on working on reception or something until your registration comes through if it wasn't your fault...it costs a bit more too, I thin I paid £140.
Hope you get it through and enjoy your return to work :) x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #8090 by sarahj87
Hi I am due back to work in a couple of weeks after maternity leave an I currently don't have my registration.
My principle usually pays for all the nurses but I didn't realise that he wouldn't pay it when I was on mat leave, all my correspondents to my work place so I just assumed it had been paid. Now I an due back to work in a couple of weeks and need to get registered.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had to reapply for registration an how long it takes. I sent my application off about 8 days ago an I have received an email saying they received it but nothing since. I an just getting worried as I wont be able to work until it comes through. I haven't got to show evidence of CPD as I have been off the register less then 12 months.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New