× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Advice help?

7 years 3 months ago #8044 by Teesey
Hi there Sea bream

If you go onto the GDC website and there is an area on there which is about raising a concern and also has a large section about reporting a dental professional. We are all encouraged as dental care professional to whistle blow on dental colleagues who fall short of the dental standards expected of us, we are all part of a professional register and have to abide by the standards. I for one would not work along side a dental surgeon who was inflicting pain on patients deliberately, either report this or leave and get a new job and then report

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #8041 by JulesHS
Sorry to hear about the situation you have found yourself in.

Have a look at this GDC publication

www.gdc-uk.org/Newsandpublications/Publi...ortEnglishfinal1.pdf

This should hopefully guide you. Its quite daunting when you witness this sort of behaviour.

7 years 4 months ago #8036 by Seabream2016
Hello
i work for a large company
i haven't had any formal training.
chucked into surgery, left to it really. luckily i work with a really nice dentist twice a week and the other days i work on reception.
i also work with other dentists when staff are sick or on holiday
one dentist i have been working with appears to enjoy hurting the patients
i have reported this
another member of staff reported a complaint ( brought this up in conversation and the dentist who said oh it must no have been serious because it hasn't been mentioned to me) this complaint was made two weeks ago...
another member of staff has also reported how rough he is with the patients
i also found he wrote notes for multiple patients , when he didnt actually say / do those things.
others have said this too
today he put in multiple notes saying he took X-rays when he didn't.

not sure what to do?
feel like my manager won't do anything? this has been going on for ages.
i don't know why he's a dentist he clearly doesn't enjoy his job, makes fun of the patients, and swears and moans in front of them
also what is worrying is his usual nurse has never ever come forward about this. there was an incident some time ago that the high speed wasn't working in that surgery and it only came to light when a nurse covered for her, apparently the water wouldn't come out of the high speed so she had been spraying the 3 in 1 whilst he was drilling!!!
it has taken me , and two other nurses who have covered for his usual nurse whilst she's been off sick...

what do i do?
where do i go ? my manager isn't doing anything.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New