× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Inappropriate language

7 years 4 months ago #8013 by jmoss
I think at 18 years old she will be no stranger to foul language and I don't see why anyone should take what he says personally given the circumstances!

I would just pre-warn the trainee about him and all should be fine as long as there is never a situation where any member of staff will be alone with this patient. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teesey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #8012 by Teesey
Hi Guys

Just seeking some advice really, I have been a dental nurse on and off for 30 years, today I experienced something that I haven't before and not sure how to play this one.
We had a 90 yr. old man attended for a yearly c up with his daughter, he was diagnosed with dementia in 2014, He is quite rowdy and a lot of what he says makes no sense- I understand dementia as had course on it. problem being is has he left the surgery to walk out the door
he said to me " is your f**** open today" now his daughter just apologised on his behalf and at 50 years of age I made no issue of it.

My concern is that I have an 18 yr old trainee apprentice nurse starting in 2 weeks time and I cant have this happening when she is in surgery. shouldn't have happened to me really, I have mentioned to my PM re this and she asked what I wanted to do.
Is there any point on a letter going to his home which he would understand?

anyone else had an issue like this Any advice welcome

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New