× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Help me get started.

7 years 4 months ago #8004 by jmoss
I had a real hard time finding a job in my area that took trainees. I think my employer was super desperate for someone so took me on and sorted out a blended learning course at Bristol Dental Hospital. I had to go there one full day a month for theory. The idea is that all the practical side is taught at the practice. The course lasted 1 year. We have 2 trainees at work now, one is going to the dental hospital like I did, and the other one is learning online with AGEvolution. She seems to be getting along ok with the online course.
Some bigger practices offer their own in-house training. It's best to go on the NEBDN website and look at a list of approved learning providers for the national diploma. You will see all the places near you that offer the training. If you leave near a Dental Hospital, these also offer training and employment for dental nurses. It can be hard to get into though because they only take on a handful of trainees each year. This is what I looked at doing because I was finding it so hard to get a job as a trainee dental nurse.
Harriet Ellis take your money and take you on BEFORE you find a job. You cannot complete the NEBDN without working in a dental environment. So if you go down the Harriet Ellis route and can't find a job then you're stuffed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #8001 by ChloeJennifer
HELP

Hi My name is Chloe, I am twenty years old and am looking to get started with Dental Nursing. Im looking for people who could maybe share there stories on how they got started and what they think the best way to start this career is?

Chloe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New