× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Thinking about quitting...

7 years 7 months ago #7928 by Teesey
Hi there

I must admit that after 30 yrs. in the dental industry on and off, I am now contemplating a new career in chiropody, I have lasted well and overseen lots of changes and I do enjoy the job but I have become disillusioned with the whole pay issue and don't feel that enough is being done to change this we work so hard as nurses and I feel that we deserve better recognition for our work. but I am 50 and coming towards the end of my career, pleas e don't be disheartened as it is a rewarding job in the right practice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #7924 by SophiaLucas50
HI Lucy
That's such a shame that youre not enjoying it, because being a dental nurse can be such a rewarding job!
Have you thought about perhaps talking to the dentist about how you feel? or looking for another practice to enrol with whilst youre training?

Sophia

7 years 7 months ago #7918 by STaylor94
Hi hun,

Sadly I dont think you will be able to get the money back. Unfortunately a couple of girls I know over the last few years have dropped out and they wasn't able to get a penny back.

Do you want to give up nursing full stop? If not try and find another dental practice. I promise you there are nice pratices out there. I used to feel exactly like you did but I qualified and then found a lovely place. x

7 years 7 months ago #7917 by Lucynurse1
Hi everyone

I'm really not enjoying my job due to the dentist I work with. I thought I may be able to let it go over my head but I hate going into work everyday and she makes me hate my job. I know all jobs arnt going to be fun but I dread going to work. I want to quit, but tbh I wouldn't even know what job to get into after this. I have also started my online course and have been paying monthly and also paid for my exam...do you think there's any way to get the money back if I did want to quit? I don't think I will get the money back for the months I've paid so far but I may be able to get back my exam money seeing as I haven't done the exam yet.

Any advice?

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New