× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Newbie please Help

7 years 7 months ago #7906 by SmilingDCP
Welcome to the wonderful world of Dental Nursing and congratulations on your new job.

As a trainee, it can be very daunting at first, but you will get used to all the terminology sooner than you think. The best thing about being on a placement is that you get to learn everything hands on, which is quicker than reading it on paper.

Your dentist should be as helpful and patient as possible. They do get stressed sometimes, and it takes time to get used to each other and the way you work together. You will find a balance, and you will get to know how your dentist works.

Everywhere is different. Some like being asked questions, some don't. Some places are amazing to work at, and some places are a complete nightmare. I understand it is difficult to secure a position as a trainee, but you should be aware of your rights. If you feel something is not right, bring it up, speak to your dentist, or practice manager.

I'm sure you will be fine!

Good luck

x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #7899 by karolinka29
can anyone help out there

recently I have got a job in the dental practice as trainee dental nurse , but have seen so many bad comments about it...
how really hard id to do the nvq all the terminology seem very overwhelming

I am worried I wont cope with it all when I will be alone with the dentist :(

can anyone relate ?

thank you xxx
:cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New