× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

A Level in Biology to apply for uni - HELP

7 years 8 months ago #7841 by SmilingDCP
I would say 2 - 2.5 as the content is quite extensive but completed within a year as it focuses on subjects that you will need as a healthcare student.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #7834 by sophomoreslump8
Is the access course equivalent to 2 A levels or just one?

I want to be a dental therapist but have to do my GCSE English and Science before I can apply as I only got C's the first time around.

7 years 8 months ago #7833 by Lozzywozzy86
I've been accepted at my local college to do an access course which is equivalent to a levels. It's a year long course and 3 dyes a week. Some place done need you to have this but I think it would look better on my CV and ease me back into learning

7 years 8 months ago #7814 by SmilingDCP
Hiya

I'm just finishing my Access course with Distance Learning Centre. www.distancelearningcentre.com/index.php

They've been really good and I have now secured a place on the Hygiene programme starting September at Eastmans. It really is worth doing especially if you've not studied in a while as it will also prepare you for the intensity of the course. I opted for Biology, Psychology and Physics with the majority of credits in Biology. It all ties in nicely and has helped me at work as well.

x
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmoss

7 years 8 months ago #7810 by ckcritchley90
Hey! so I've looked into it again and I think I'm going to do an Access to Higher Education Diploma in Biology.

I called Bristol uni and they were super vague abou what i can apply with, basically saing that someone with an A Level has a stronger applicaton than someone with out. Bristol have stated that I can apply with an Access Course as long as it's 33 credits or more. the course I'm going to do offeres 60 credits and is equivelant to 3 A levels so I am hoping this will be enough along woth my NEBDN Diploma!

do you know which Uni you want to apply for?

7 years 8 months ago #7809 by jmoss
I was looking into this too. Bridgwater College used to do A-Level human biology about 3-4 years ago, but I cannot find it on their website at all.

I want to do this a-level part time too, but am struggling to find anywhere that offers it online or local. Some of the websites seem a bit dodgey. I originally did my a-level biology with OCR but I got an E :blush: It was really hard. OCR, Edexcel and AQA are the ones you want to look for.

7 years 9 months ago #7798 by ckcritchley90
Hey guys!

For a long time now i have been thinking about going to Uni and becoming a Hygienist. i have been detal nursing for nearly 6 years now and have finally decided to go for it!

I went to a taster day at Bristol Uni last week and i loved it! I then looked into entry requirements, I can apply with my NEBDN qualification and also need an A level or equivelant in a science, preferalbly Biology or Human Biology... i need to do this and started looking into online courses to gain an A level, but blimey theres a lot out there offering such different things. My brain is just frazzeled! :S

I was wondering if any one is in the same situation as me or has done an A Level or equivelant and can help on the best way to do it?! i would appreciate it so much!

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New