× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Working with a VT

7 years 3 months ago #8084 by adele1984
Hi
I've worked with VTs for 3 years now and have found it to be very enjoyable. Be prepared it is very slow at the start and a lot of running to the trainer and to have long appointments, but in general the standard of care is excellent and they are very enthusiastic they do have to meet a certain quota of XLA,RCT dentures and crowns etc. The best advice I can give is be there as a support and relax they are just a dentist just a little slower.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #7733 by Pammie55
Hi
we have been a FD trainers (previous called VDP) for a long time now. In the begining they will be very slow and not seen many patient and the patients they see will have long appointments. Remember they are coming from dental university college where they only see about 2 patient per morning. I lot of them already have experience in the two top computer systems R4 and Exact so do not worry about
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicole.P

7 years 9 months ago #7707 by Nicole.P
Thank you so much!
Will be saving this link :)

7 years 10 months ago #7688 by cholena87
Hi Nicole!

We have had a few VTs in my practice and I've worked with a couple. They are generally fairly aware and may just need a little help with charting if they're not used to whichever system you use (R4/EXACT). Also handy is the Statement of Dental Renumberation:

www.scottishdental.org/wp-content/upload...ent_No_130_-_PDF.pdf

This just outlines what they can claim and the appropriate codes.

If I think of anything else I will let you know!

Good luck :-)

Karen x

7 years 10 months ago #7674 by Nicole.P
Hi
My practice is getting a new VT staring later this summer and my practice owner/principle dentist has asked if I will work with him.
I have never worked with a VT before and am still in my first CPD cycle. I understand they come into general practice not knowing much about the NHS and how things work.

Can you please help me with things I will need to know and where I will get more information so I am able to help give him the best start to his general practice career.

Thanks
Nicole.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New