× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Has anyone reinstated their registration?

7 years 10 months ago #7590 by Pammie55
Hi
if your registering again while you were of you must have your 5 yearly CPD up to date or they will not put you back on the register until you do so. Do not forget that you need indemnity cover now. This can be taken up by the same company as dentist ie DDU or dental protection. If they practice you are going to work for has a dentist with one of these company you will get 50% discount on your insurance. If your local hospital has a occupational health dept as you are front line staff you should get if you free you may have to get a letter from the practice you work for though. Hope this has been of some help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #7549 by vickytozer@rocketmail.com
Hi

I'm re-registering in the next few months. I haven't had any problem getting an appointment with my doctors for a blood test. I expect I'll have to pay privately if I need the boosters though. I've been off the register since 2011. I've been a stay at home mum. It certainly isn't easy to re register, even though I know I could do the job easily again. Good luck and let me know how you get on?

7 years 10 months ago #7413 by LucyH
Just wondering if anyone has done this successfully?

I qualified in 2005 - stopped renewing my registration in 2009. I've been a P.M or on maternity leave since so have stayed in dentistry.

Unlikely to get part time management role so am trying to reinstate my registration and wondering if anyone else has done this?

I've purchased the CPD package from here - and have been working through the CPD.

Feels like there are so many hoops though - cannot seem to get a blood test anywhere to prove Hep B levels so having to pay privately.

Just wondering if its worth it really :S B)

thanks in advance x

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New