× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Indemnity insurance

6 years 11 months ago #8266 by Joannee
check this out coveradvantage.ca/
i find them very affordable

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #7812 by Teesey
Hi Becky
well stated i totally agreed with you on this. I found that my dentist DP umbrella cover didnt cover me enough for medio legal
so I took my own out this yr with BADN ie trafalgar with full dental cover

thanks

7 years 9 months ago #7806 by becky170
There are some things in life that just aren't worth scrimping on!

You have worked hard to gain your qualifications and got yourself on a professional register. Do not take a gamble for the sake of saving £30 by using an indemnity insurer that is not familiar to the dental industry, its just not worth it. You need these people to be able to represent you in the most effective way possible. If you carry out any extra duties its imperative to get your own, Radiography, Implants, Sedation, Treatment Coordinating, Special care, Impressions, Fluoride application, Oral Health Educator.

Fingers crossed you never have to call on them , but if you do, you need to know they will know our industry well enough to represent you. I personally would never rely on my principal having indemnity insurance that covers a bundle of staff.

My advise to anyone new to dentistry, protect yourself, no-one will ever look after you as much as you will look after yourself!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SmilingDCP

7 years 9 months ago #7785 by cathy
Hi, I have today called DDU to find out about adding our new nurse to same 50% discount membership that all our nurses currently have with them, but they inform me that they are no longer offering the dental nurse advantage scheme and all new/ renewal memberships will have to pay the full £160.00 :(

7 years 9 months ago #7732 by Pammie55
hi Teesey
I have used the DDU for a couple of years now. What I like about them is that you can contact them at anytime even out of office hours. They give you alot of advice on the telephone and log your problems. They have even drafted letters for me in the past when a particular employer wanted me to take patients records home and I refused. So They drafted a letter to my employer basically saying that they advised me as being my indemnity advising I would not take them home and would protect me if I was forced and if would effect my registration with the GDC. I am not working for that dental practice anymore,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teesey

7 years 9 months ago #7714 by scwilliams
Thank you , this is what I have been told as well just wanted it clarified ..

many thanks :)

sonya

7 years 9 months ago #7712 by Teesey
Hi all

Just to clarify Indemnity insurance is required to be mentioned from this renewal year, there is no problem with you being covered under your bosses MPS/DPL xtra umbrella cover, you just need to get the details to forward to them, what i would say is just to check that your bosses cover is adequate for your level of nursing, if not maybe worth investing in your own cover.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scwilliams

7 years 9 months ago #7711 by scwilliams
Hello everyone, I also do not have any Indemnity Insurance as my boss says I am covered under his MPS insurance..

any views ladies ?
thanks in advance :)

sonya

7 years 9 months ago #7710 by equine
Take a look at Towergate if you are looking for independent indemnity code KIOI, the policy covers all additional duties - no additional or hidden costs.

7 years 9 months ago #7709 by ttaylor
Has any one got any thoughts on MPS Dental Protection. I have had cover with Trafalgar in the past with BADN and now my employer has cover with DPL xrtra giving us full cover

7 years 9 months ago #7708 by birute.zaleckyte
Could I just ask, why is important to have this insurance ? And do every dental nurse has to have it?

7 years 10 months ago #7700 by Teesey
Well done Smiling DCP

It seriously is the best one out there, I searched for ages, I even came off my bosses dental protection umbrella scheme as it didn't cover the nurses properly for medico legal which is a biggie for us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SmilingDCP

7 years 10 months ago #7696 by SmilingDCP
Hi everyone!

I've literally just signed up with BADN and Trafalgar. I really don't think there is anything better out there for us in terms of pricing, extent of cover, and general support. £89 for one year (including membership) is a pretty sweet deal if you get all that with it if you ask me. I just went for it after months of thinking about it.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teesey

7 years 11 months ago #7422 by Teesey
Hi Pammie

Do you know off the top of your head whether the DDU insurance offers you the same benefits as the Trafalgar insurance which is run concurrently with the BADN membership. my insurance with them was 87.00 roughly and that was with the membership for the year and it covers £1,000,000 for med malpractice, legal defence costs, death, perm disability or perm retirement and then also £50,000 for any legal expenses. I couldn't find anyone else who could match that, not even my bosses dental protection cover gave his nurses that.

Just wondering if I missed this one

7 years 11 months ago #7408 by Pammie55
Hi
You can use the same companies that your dentist use like DDU or dental protection. Please be aware that student nurses also need indemnity insurance. If you take it up with the DDU it is £10 per year for a student. If you are a registered nurse and have a dentist working at your practice who is a member of the DDU you will get a 50% discount. Normally it is £160.00 per year and you will get it for £80.00 with all the same benefits.
Tel 0800374626
www.theddu.com

7 years 11 months ago #7400 by H91
I also use the BADN membership with indemnity insurance too.
Have a look on there website. It's very easy to get a quote and apply. You get a quarterly online magazine with CPD articles too.x

7 years 11 months ago #7389 by Teesey
Hi there Gorda

I must admit I think you would be hard pressed to beat the BADN registration and indemnity package of £89.84
this indemnity is specifically for dental nurse and covers you for everything you may need. If you don't want to register for the organisation I would give Trafalgar Management a call and see what deal they can offer you.

7 years 11 months ago #7388 by Gorda
Hey, can anyone recommend where to get cheapest indemnity cover please? Thank you :)

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New