× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Poor clinical lead

7 years 11 months ago #7362 by SmilingDCP
Hi,

Sorry to hear your colleague is such a troll. I think she should look at her level of cleanliness before having a go at you. I thought those in our profession were also supposed to be compassionate and caring?

As a one off, I don't think she should have been so harsh on you especially under the circumstances.

The unit should be disinfected at the end of the day/session in order to kill off all the bacteria, and it is also a part of the maintenance of the unit. If it is not done, or left to the next day, the bacteria will fester. If you had not come in the following day, then this would not have been done until the end of the following day. If this was a regular occurrence, the standards of hygiene could be questioned, and the unit could potentially break down. As a one off it is nothing to panic about and certainly not a reason to be told off without considering the circumstances.

This is just the way I see it from what you have mentioned.

Have you approached her about her standards of cleanliness or have you approached you dentist/boss? Might be worth mentioning in a practice meeting if you are not comfortable speaking to her one to one?

x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nurse rosa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 day ago - 8 years 1 day ago #7346 by Nurse rosa
Hello, I was after some advice on our clinical lead at work.
I have worked at the practice a few years and trained there, our head nurse left and she was replace with another nurse they just named clinical lead. I have serious reservations about her cleanliness and her dedication to following protocol. Her room is always a mess, always coffee rings on the side, blood on the chair, and so on. I could go on for days about what she does and doesn't do. Now I can say she seems to talk the talk and occupies her time doing the paper work. The boss and principle dentist we have doesn't care about cross infection so doesn't notice or care about jobs not done. (I feel at this point I have to say this is not a jealousy issue)
My problem is I pride my self, as I thought all nurses did, on being clean, efficient and organised. I find her room unacceptable to work in and I have to clean it prior to working in there.
So I was very ill one day recently (on going problem she is aware of but I still attend work everyday) I was In so much pain but we had no one to cover and I didn't want to give her more work. She didn't offer to help shut down and she knew I was in a race for time to get to the pharmacy to get my prescribed pain killers. I did as much as I could physically ( I was in tears the whole time) boss was long gone by this point) the one thing I didn't do was put my oratol suction through, I know!! I know I should of and my plan was to go in early the following day and do it an hour before surgery started.which I did! I wasn't aware of any implications of doing it this way round and obviously was a one off. She confronted me the next morning and told me as a result of me not doing this I was a bad nurse and don't do my job properly and so on, she was very mean. I'm not asking for her sympathy I just really want to know is it ok to do it in the morning or is it a big NO?
Please help! .. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New